Hacking Question Semi-brick on Atmosphere 0.9.4

kriistofor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

a friend brought me the switch on which i installed atmosphere CFW on 9.0.1.

He tried to install Final Fantasy but he used 16gb microSD card. I offered him to come the day after to mitigate data to at least 32gb size card but he was impatient it seems and when he realized he ain't gonna be able to install it because of the size of the sd card, he moved .nsp to internal storage and tried to install it via goldleaf to sd card. According to his words, in the middle of the install he threw the switch on the back seat of a car and continued driving, and afterwards he turned switch on, had the game icon - tried to start the game and failed. He connected to the internet and clicked on re-download software from the eShop for the Final Fantasy game.

and then he got the message:

EROR CODE: 2002-4686 (0X249C02)
Title: 01000000000001F
Firmware_9.0.1. (Atmosphere 0.9.4-master-c62c4846)

What i tried so far:
new 128gb sd card, fat32 formated with atmosphere 0.9.4 (i installed 0.9.3 the first time)
new 32gb sd card, fat32 formated
another new 32gb sd card, fat32 formated

none of the cards change the situation.

can't boot to cfw, nor ofw, after switch logo, same error appears.
if i go to recovery menu, i can't delete everything and initialize because same error appears, i can't update because we on the last update already.

from what i found out, people are having these errors because of two things - bad sd cards (that problem is eliminated via testing with other sd cards), and when u restore wrong rawnand.bin which he couldn't have done because he doesn't have another switch/backup, but also, i would presume he would have told me cause he was detailed enough.

I extracted prod.keys, rawnand, tsec keys, basically all the things needed but i extracted them AFTER this error occured. I didn't do the backup the first time i installed atmosphere and that's on me. He was in hurry and should have came back the day after for the sd card update so i figured i can do backup then, but I also advised him to do a backup if doing anything in those 20 hours but that didn't happen.

However, i have no chance to boot it right now but it does not seem to be fully bricked so does anybody have any info what i should try?
Thanks

Last edited by kriistofor,

kriistofor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Anybody?

I tried to compile 9.0.1 with my keys.txt created with lockpick with choidujour but it gives me the next error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ChoiDujour.py", line 632, in <module>
File "ChoiDujour.py", line 222, in call_hactool
Exception: Failed to read INI1 header!. Code: 1
[22384] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour

and by far, from looking around, I don't see anyone answered to those with the same problem.

Tigermean74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, yes i'm getting the same error but no one has answered yet....I have also searched google but no solution, can someone please help?

[5488] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

a friend brought me the switch on which i installed atmosphere CFW on 9.0.1.

He tried to install Final Fantasy but he used 16gb microSD card. I offered him to come the day after to mitigate data to at least 32gb size card but he was impatient it seems and when he realized he ain't gonna be able to install it because of the size of the sd card, he moved .nsp to internal storage and tried to install it via goldleaf to sd card. According to his words, in the middle of the install he threw the switch on the back seat of a car and continued driving, and afterwards he turned switch on, had the game icon - tried to start the game and failed. He connected to the internet and clicked on re-download software from the eShop for the Final Fantasy game.

and then he got the message:

EROR CODE: 2002-4686 (0X249C02)
Title: 01000000000001F
Firmware_9.0.1. (Atmosphere 0.9.4-master-c62c4846)

What i tried so far:
new 128gb sd card, fat32 formated with atmosphere 0.9.4 (i installed 0.9.3 the first time)
new 32gb sd card, fat32 formated
another new 32gb sd card, fat32 formated

none of the cards change the situation.

can't boot to cfw, nor ofw, after switch logo, same error appears.
if i go to recovery menu, i can't delete everything and initialize because same error appears, i can't update because we on the last update already.

from what i found out, people are having these errors because of two things - bad sd cards (that problem is eliminated via testing with other sd cards), and when u restore wrong rawnand.bin which he couldn't have done because he doesn't have another switch/backup, but also, i would presume he would have told me cause he was detailed enough.

I extracted prod.keys, rawnand, tsec keys, basically all the things needed but i extracted them AFTER this error occured. I didn't do the backup the first time i installed atmosphere and that's on me. He was in hurry and should have came back the day after for the sd card update so i figured i can do backup then, but I also advised him to do a backup if doing anything in those 20 hours but that didn't happen.

However, i have no chance to boot it right now but it does not seem to be fully bricked so does anybody have any info what i should try?
Thanks
If the game was small enough for the NSP to fit on the NAND, he could have just installed it to the NAND when it was on the SD card.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody?

I tried to compile 9.0.1 with my keys.txt created with lockpick with choidujour but it gives me the next error:

and by far, from looking around, I don't see anyone answered to those with the same problem.
Hi there, yes i'm getting the same error but no one has answered yet....I have also searched google but no solution, can someone please help?

[5488] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour
You cannot use ChoiDujour with anything higher than 6.1.0. Use 6.1.0 or lower and restore that. You can update back to 9.0.1 later.

Next time, read the instructions and compatibility warnings.

Tigermean74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody?

Did you try what Lacius said? You cannot use ChoiDujour with anything higher than 6.1.0. Use 6.1.0 or lower and restore that

Worked for me, hopefully it will work for you

Reactions: Lacius

kriistofor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
No I haven't yet but I will now.
Thanks Lacius for the tip and Tigermean for confirmation :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If the game was small enough for the NSP to fit on the NAND, he could have just installed it to the NAND when it was on the SD card.
He obviously installed it but it was corrupted .nsp
He focused the problem on the size of the SD card and the problem was him connecting to a wi-fi and re-downloading corrupted software

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Tigermean74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No I haven't yet but I will now.
Thanks Lacius for the tip and Tigermean for confirmation :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He obviously installed it but it was corrupted .nsp
He focused the problem on the size of the SD card and the problem was him connecting to a wi-fi and re-downloading corrupted software

No problem, if you get it going please let me know, Unfortunately mine did not work and I am still stuck at the boot logo

kriistofor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
No problem, if you get it going please let me know, Unfortunately mine did not work and I am still stuck at the boot logo

I downloaded the 6.1.0, compiled with ChoiDujour and followed instructions.
I got stuck at USER partition BIS key - it gave me error and i was lost for a second, but afterwards i read that someone with the similar issue solved it by mounting the user partition via ChoiDujour and formating it, I gave that a shot because the guy had nothing to lose with the saves and games and yeah, works like a charm, boots like a baby. Now, it gives me an error after I insert gamecart into it though, but i found out that it can be rectified with patches.

Where did you stuck or did you follow instructions through the end and got the error again

Last edited by kriistofor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water