OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Everyone how's it going? I need some help. A friend of mine semi bricked his wii by doing and update from another region, no clue as to why he did this I warned him. He can't acces his wii settings so he is unable to connect to the network to downgrade the firmware. He has a D2C2 chip. Is there anyway possible to do the downgrade with out a network connection? I have been looking around for a solution but everything I have read assumes you can get into your system settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TheOnts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Scooochie thanks for the reply. I actually tried the discs but the don't work. The system was updated to 3.3 and the discs from what I understand don't wok past 3.2. I've tried opening up the iso and I get "Invalid or damaged format", the wii doesn't like the disc either. Any other suggestions you might have? Thanks again.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Option one

Update his wii again with a game that contains a 3.4 update that is from his region

Option two, Not Recommend

Use Any region Changer and change his console area setting to the region he bricked with no wifi needed, then he will be able to access his wii settings and enable the Wifi, from there he could Use Any means to re-install his firmware, and then use Any region changer to correct his console area settings

TheOnts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey WiiBlaseter thanks for the info. I will have to try those options out. I've read about people trying to use a game disc with the same region update but it fails, I'll have to try it out for myself and see what happens. You think I should avoid option 2? I guess it's a bit risky. I'll keep you guys posted and let you know how it turns out. Thanks again for your help.

TheOnts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey WiiBlaster. Wondering if you could help me out with one more thing. Do you know of any discs that contain a 3.4U update if any do at all. This problem happened when he updated the system with disaster day of crisis p version. I apologize if I am not supposed to mention any disc names in the forums. Any suggestions. Thanks again for the help.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 is more than likely correct,

One way would be to use wii scrubber and exact the IOS and system menu wad from one of bushing fix disc, make sure its from your region and then install the IOS first then the system menu wad.
that should also fix your prob

TheOnts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all your help guys. I will try it out. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. If this doesn't work he'll just have to wait for the next update. I heard the new mario tennis is supposed to have it but I will have to read up on that. Thanks again.

TheOnts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all your help guys. I will try it out and let you know how it turns out. If this doesn't work he will have to wait for a new update. I heard that the new mario tennis has the 3.5U update but I will have to read up on it. Thanks again for all your help.

Just realized I double posted sorry about that guys.

TheOnts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Everyone. I am about to try WiiBlaster suggestion. I have already use wii scrubber and have extracted the cios and system menu wads from the bushing disc for my friends region. I just wanted to make sure I can install them through the wad manager without an internet connection. Thanks again for everyones help.

swf3

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheOnts said:
Thanks for all your help guys. I will try it out and let you know how it turns out. If this doesn't work he will have to wait for a new update. I heard that the new mario tennis has the 3.5U update but I will have to read up on it. Thanks again for all your help.

Just realized I double posted sorry about that guys.

has the tennis really got 3.5u onit?

TheOnts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey swf3. I've heard from some modders in my are that it does have the 3.5U on it. Not sure if it does or not. When my friend updated his system with 3.3 pal I brought to the place that did his system for him and the place said that it will have the update on it. I haven't read about this anywhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs