Hacking Semi Brick????? HELP PLEASE

Kratozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I installed the first version of Wiigator on my Wii, then I used the CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad using the custom installer that has a sonic icon, i am not sure what its name is, then backups loaded fine.
Then I installed a new cIOS_readretryfix_.dol on the homebrew channel, then no games loaded, none at all, then i instakled back the sonic icon one, my games loaded normally then; after that, after some games and some read errors, my wii won't read any games not even original ones; I am able to run anything, i have downgraded even though i have Version 3.2U, i have changed the region back to mine and my problem won't get solved, as additional info, my wii does display the settings and i can change anything, the screen that most people say is characteristic of a Semi-Brick does not appear on my wii; my wii won't read original games from the main menu and original and any backup from the wiigator 0.3beta
Should I upgrade to V3.3U via internet?, should i remove IOS using the anytitledeleter?, should i do something with the wad manager?
Help please!!!!!

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Try a reinstall of System Menu with cIOS Downgrader v1.2 is my best tip.

joda said:
r6306 said:
Hi Joda
Don't suppose you could point me in the right direction for the files please?
DJTaz as always you rock but I tried your pack and that caused a fail to?
My Wii was upgraded to 3.3E but I tried the downgrader in your link and that failed as well?

FYI I get the same error with QOS it says Unauthorized device detected?
I uploaded the following to megaupload:Hope it's useful!

Kratozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll give it a shot later, thanks a lot, i'll say if it works to offer help for those who have my problem in the future

Kratozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I upgraded to 3.3, then installed the wad16 something, i followed the steps to downgrade accorging to "a_runnin_pir8" and downgraded successfully, then ran again the sonic cios installer and games began to boot nd read normally, but after a short while, usually after the strap warning, all games crash, original and backups alike, using any backup launcher or the disc channel, it is all the same
What else can I do?, should I installe the sysmenu as you say? using the Cios you mentioned?

PaisaPK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this exact same problem with my wii (not the system menu one)
It happend when i played No More Heroes and it crashed
then i played brawl
then later i tried to play No More Heroes again
it will play normal then crash at a random spot
i tried installing the retry read fix thing and it didn't work
i tried uninstalling cIOS and reinstalling
still didn't work
i would try to play other backups but they would crash eventually
after that
i tried playing brawl again and it wouldn't load
sometimes it would show the strap warning then try to load and get a disc reading error
i tried mario galaxy see if it would update anything and it didn't
when i open the disc channel, sometimes the wii would crash
sometimes the disc channel will not read any disc
i tried reformatting the wii
and it would only get to the strap error before the disc reading error
i tried updating the wii to 3.4
and still nothing
when the wii would try to read a disc, it would make a wierd sound and probably wont spin anymore
i tried with gamecube games and wont even try to read then (no spin)

just hope i still got warranty on my wii =]

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try to unplug your Wiis power cord for about 30 minutes. This case remembers me of a few errors that where reported in the early modchip days.

And you shoudl really try the cIOS downgrader.

Kratozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I managed to get my dvd drive working yesterday, but it got stuck after the strap message, i also have to say that i have got the -1 error and I have no space in the wii memory

Kratozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I used compressed air into the wii disc slot, it helped me get over problems on SSBB back when i had the DRE from that same game, i thought it could be a good idea because it is making the same sounds as it did back then, so, should i clean my lens?, raise potency?, get a modchip?, get another lens?, other than discs not loading from the disc channel or anywhere my wii is 100% trouble free

PaisaPK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont even know
when i insert a game into the wii, it takes it in kinda slow or it get stuck while it goes in then it takes it
what do u mean by compressed air?

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have/care about your warranty, pop the wii open so the drive is exposed and plug it up, pop a disc in and watch what happens

mine has a little rubber piece fall down in the drive and it caused only gamecube discs (smaller ones) to fit in the drive because a full sized DVD couldn't fit in there with the rubber doohickey down in there (which I just plucked out with a screwdriver and am happily playing all sorts of games today)

chances your problem is my problem is kinda low but

try it if you're desperate

compressed air == canned air

you know

PSSHHHHHH PSSH PSSHHTT *dust cloud*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: