ROM Hack Selling Plugins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Nah I was just asking a question http://prntscr.com/f1ger7

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks, I don't express my feeling on the internet as what is the point?, and I haven't got anything unique at this time, and before anyone else starts to act like little bitches again I was just asking a question not confirming I will sell anything it was just a general question.
I don't really understand why you'd want to sell some plugins that people may or may not want to purchase if you're already making a decent amount of money, just seems like a waste of time to me.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't really understand why you'd want to sell some plugins that people may or may not want to purchase if you're already making a decent amount of money, just seems like a waste of time to me.
maybe he would like even more money ^_^

honeslty as long as he isn't breaking any rules then live and let live, feel free to try kill his business by giving shit away for free, but just imagine if some guy came into your place of work and said "hey why you paying him minimum wage to stock shelves, I will do that shit for free"....sure its upto the guy doing it for free, but you still cant say he is a bad guy for wanting to earn a bit of money for his work (assuming its all legal) if you don't think its worth what he is asking just don't buy it or try find a pirate copy if your that against paying ^_^

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As long as it's 100% your own work (with that I mean without violating any licenses and such, we're quite strict on enforcing those), yes, you're allowed to sell it in our Marketplace section. Or even on an external website, but you can't advertise it on here unless it's in your sig.

If someone wants to pay you for your work, well, I see no issue in that.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think there's even a market for selling 3DS plugins. And plus,it's for free. There's not such reason for buying/selling plugins. Whoever buys it would much probably ask their money back or something like that

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there's even a market for selling 3DS plugins. And plus,it's for free. There's not such reason for buying/selling plugins. Whoever buys it would much probably ask their money back or something like that
Nah, if someone buys it, they will probably redistribute it for free.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

chirisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah I was just asking a question http://prntscr.com/f1ger7
Thanks, I don't express my feeling on the internet as what is the point?, and I haven't got anything unique at this time, and before anyone else starts to act like little bitches again I was just asking a question not confirming I will sell anything it was just a general question.

The moment you asked, you should've prepared for the type of responses coming in. Some of them are harsh but they are pretty on point. You didn't specify or throw in more information to narrow down the responses. Which then lead to well, pretty much anything. Like others had said, there are plenty of others free plugins, legals issues if you are using others' as a base for your own plugins. Aside from those, there's other type of issues you (and others the moment they sell their work) is the redistribution. But if you can deal with all those and 100% your work, then there's no reason not to. Oh and the backlash if your plugins aren't what it claims to be (ie. same/similar plugins that are free instead)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Honestly, its a dick move to sell something that someone else could easily make.
yeah well that depends if the plugin he will sell can be easily made.
if it's complete and feature filled, and revolutionizes cfw, cool, it might be worth some $ to some people.
if it's just some basic cheat plugin for 'Hamsterz 3DS', op please don't waste your time.

anyway, from the op's profile:
I'm currently coding a Kid Icarus uprising plugin Chance of me releasing is very slim
so i don't think we have to consider anything :D

Reactions: Zidapi

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah well that depends if the plugin he will sell can be easily made.
if it's complete and feature filled, and revolutionizes cfw, cool, it might be worth some $ to some people.
if it's just some basic cheat plugin for 'Hamsterz 3DS', op please don't waste your time.

anyway, from the op's profile:

so i don't think we have to consider anything :D
he's using public gateway codes and he's using @Nanquitas gateway2ntr converter, and using a bug in the software to unblock online. He's not doing any work at all. it's a disgrace to the devs who found the gw codes and wrote programs for free....

Unia4L

:)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
he's using public gateway codes and he's using @Nanquitas gateway2ntr converter, and using a bug in the software to unblock online. He's not doing any work at all. it's a disgrace to the devs who found the gw codes and wrote programs for free....
It was a question I didn't say I was actually going to do it did I?

The plugin won't even be 100% your work because it requires you to use the plugin template already made by Nanquitas. Unless you start from the ground up, it shouldn't be selled
I agree, that's why it was just a "QUESTION"

Unia4L

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To everyone,

Did I say "Hey i've just made a plugin ima sell it for $10 is it aloud?" No I asked is it aloud because I am working on something big, stop presuming that i'm going to be selling a plugin made with tools someone else has already made, and no RyDog I am not using that glitch I actually know how to program I know mostly Python, Java, C++ and a few more, can you stop trying to act big because you're honestly sounding like keyboard warriors right now.

^^^
I was replying to @cearp , not you. I was telling him exactly how easy your money making scheme was since he was curious.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
if you can program c++, python, and java (even badly) at 14, that's impressive.
keep at it :)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Selling plugins for modded consoles? :DAN'S GAME: EWWWW :creep:

This had to be some amazing brand new shit that make me wanna pay.... however much for it, this better do some miracles, get me a date, make me rich, get grant me a wish i never had made possible, make me movie star, make my game play itself. I mean to sell plugin, this must be some ultimate plugin on earth. O_O

Now with out the sarcastic humor involved in the last statement, I have to agree with what sir bortz said, it could be bad for a community, people don't usually do this as a job to get paid, they do it as hobby or simply cause they want something to be possible that they come up with. For example, a turbo mode plugin for 3ds, for games that require rapid button presses, like Mario & luigi, dream team, most of their special bros attacks require button mashing which gets tiring after so long, but helps with the damage a lot. If someone else would find that a problem, then they would make a plugin about it, so i guess they wouldn't sell it cause they wanted this. They could keep it private like the many "Claimed ps4 haxs that has been mentioned already." But that also gets backlash.

I'm not a programmer, so i can either become one and maybe take care of these lacking plugins i seek myself or just wait and see if anyone nice enough to find my idea to wanna do it, but i do suppose some people would pay a bounty for plugins to get made simply to either support the person or maybe just to get it made, incentive would be the reason i guess. Still, the idea of someone actually paying for it, sea my seriously made sarcastic statement above. Cause the idea of that actually happening, the idea of someone really selling a plugin and buying it as a actual LEGAL transaction is kinda meh, i mean you selling something that only works on modded console, so unless the person can have access to it, yeah that part. Perhaps you would also have to sell them a modded system as well like some console mod shops, so they least use plugins.

Whatever, i dunno, is just my thoughts, i wasn't out to try and be cool or smart, i was just making my thoughts known, hate them if you must but again, supply and demand, is gotta be something worth paying for, there is many people thinking about it. :unsure:

Unia4L

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Selling plugins for modded consoles? :DAN'S GAME: EWWWW :creep:

This had to be some amazing brand new shit that make me wanna pay.... however much for it, this better do some miracles, get me a date, make me rich, get grant me a wish i never had made possible, make me movie star, make my game play itself. I mean to sell plugin, this must be some ultimate plugin on earth. O_O

Now with out the sarcastic humor involved in the last statement, I have to agree with what sir bortz said, it could be bad for a community, people don't usually do this as a job to get paid, they do it as hobby or simply cause they want something to be possible that they come up with. For example, a turbo mode plugin for 3ds, for games that require rapid button presses, like Mario & luigi, dream team, most of their special bros attacks require button mashing which gets tiring after so long, but helps with the damage a lot. If someone else would find that a problem, then they would make a plugin about it, so i guess they wouldn't sell it cause they wanted this. They could keep it private like the many "Claimed ps4 haxs that has been mentioned already." But that also gets backlash.

I'm not a programmer, so i can either become one and maybe take care of these lacking plugins i seek myself or just wait and see if anyone nice enough to find my idea to wanna do it, but i do suppose some people would pay a bounty for plugins to get made simply to either support the person or maybe just to get it made, incentive would be the reason i guess. Still, the idea of someone actually paying for it, sea my seriously made sarcastic statement above. Cause the idea of that actually happening, the idea of someone really selling a plugin and buying it as a actual LEGAL transaction is kinda meh, i mean you selling something that only works on modded console, so unless the person can have access to it, yeah that part. Perhaps you would also have to sell them a modded system as well like some console mod shops, so they least use plugins.

Whatever, i dunno, is just my thoughts, i wasn't out to try and be cool or smart, i was just making my thoughts known, hate them if you must but again, supply and demand, is gotta be something worth paying for, there is many people thinking about it. :unsure:
Thanks for your long reply, but I was just asking a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse