Hacking Sega Saturn emulator

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed on the homebrew browser, there is 2 sega saturn emulators. Do they actually work? I have the Sonic extreme rom Sega released last year. I couldn't get it to work on my comp...

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure, why don't you just try
wink.gif

Edit: Wait, so this rom didn't work on your computer? If it didn't work on your computer, it probably wouldn't on the wii, unless it's your emulator/computer. Have you got other roms working on your comp?

Edit 2: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Yabause_Wii
I don't think it is perfect yet, but you could always try.

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
I'm not sure, why don't you just try
wink.gif

Edit: Wait, so this rom didn't work on your computer? If it didn't work on your computer, it probably wouldn't on the wii, unless it's your emulator/computer. Have you got other roms working on your comp?

Edit 2: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Yabause_Wii
I don't think it is perfect yet, but you could always try.

There was a lot of wonkey steps to follow...That and a mixture of being really busy...Plus Sonic extreme would suck without a controller:P

thanks man, I got to learn my sites better:P

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:
There was a lot of wonkey steps to follow...That and a mixture of being really busy...Plus Sonic extreme would suck without a controller:P

There's an implication there that YOU HAVE SONIC XTREME?!?!?
forgive my all caps, but i thought this game had never been dumped. are you telling me you have it?
seriously, i would go mental (in a good way) if i could get my hands on that game.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CambridgeGuy said:
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:

forgive my all caps, but i thought this game had never been dumped. are you telling me you have it?
seriously, i would go mental (in a good way) if i could get my hands on that game.
The full and true game was never released. What he likely means is the E3 prototype that was dumped a year ago:

It was nothing more than a simple tech demo (developed by Christiana Coffin) and wasn't really related to the real game. It was supposedly going to be used as the engine for the boss fights and some speculate that it was actually stolen from the Nights into Dreams engine (but this was refuted). At any rate, you just run around a simple tiny stretch of land and jump and spindash until your time runs out. Then the demo ends.

This prototype was sold on Ebay a few years ago and apparently dumped and put online. It's easy to find, although I doubt it's complying with this forum's rules to link you to it. It's only about 20MB in size and the Saturn PC emulator SSF seems to run it great. I got it working fairly well in Yabause too, but it was glitchy.

You might as well just watch the video. It's not much to be excited about.

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CambridgeGuy said:
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:

I do...I never was able to figure out how to run the emulator though :S... I need to search my computer however, my computer died 5 months ago, and somehow I got it working again...I've been fixing it more here and there, but I keep getting distracted with hacking my stuff...

TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
CambridgeGuy said:
TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ said:

The full and true game was never released. What he likely means is the E3 prototype that was dumped a year ago:

It was nothing more than a simple tech demo (developed by Christiana Coffin) and wasn't really related to the real game. It was supposedly going to be used as the engine for the boss fights and some speculate that it was actually stolen from the Nights into Dreams engine (but this was refuted). At any rate, you just run around a simple tiny stretch of land and jump and spindash until your time runs out. Then the demo ends.

This prototype was sold on Ebay a few years ago and apparently dumped and put online. It's easy to find, although I doubt it's complying with this forum's rules to link you to it. It's only about 20MB in size and the Saturn PC emulator SSF seems to run it great. I got it working fairly well in Yabause too, but it was glitchy.

That's exactly what I'm talking about...Sorry

I still wanted to play it...By this point I forgot exactly what it was.

Posts merged

granville said:
QUOTE(CambridgeGuy @ Oct 19 2008, 01:11 PM) QUOTE(TWEEDLEDEEZNUTZ @ Oct 19 2008, 08:30 AM)

That's exactly what I'm talking about...Sorry

I still wanted to play it...By this point I forgot exactly what it was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat