Sega Master System ∏

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by ZzzWayne, May 15, 2019.

1. ZzzWayne
    OP

ZzzWayne Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2016
    SMSPi1.
    So after having my nesPI case for a few months I felt inspired to build a sega master system 2 equivalent. Its not a popular console today but I remember it being the biggest thing when I was a kid growing up in Aus. I designed the model myself and printed it with an SLA printer. The lid is held close with a magnet and a sensor detects when its open, to signal retropie to go back to the main menu. And ofcourse, the pause button acts as the start button. Pretty happy with the way this one turned out!​

Attached Files:

2. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    That looks amazing, great to see that not everyone forgot the Master System 2 ;)

3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I never owned one. Only played games from virtual console on the wii back in 2009. Alex kidd was a fun series, maybe sega could do something with him again. :ninja:

4. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2012
    My first console after having a ZX Spectrum. Really wish something like this was available commercially. I was far more a Sega kid than Nintendo. If it wasn't for the cost I'd replace my SNES style Pi case with the Mega Drive one. The MD version wasn't a thing when I bought it though.