Secrets of the Leaked Nintendo Switch SDK

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by MisterSheep, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterSheep
    OP

MisterSheep Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2017
    United States

Last edited by MisterSheep, Jun 30, 2017
    leerpsp likes this.
  2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    You won't be able to access a retail switch with these tools. They are bound to only working on dev units. So no you won't be writing a demo to a switch cartridge. You don't even have anything to write to it.
    And no you aren't 'working on a unsigned code loader. Stop posting a bunch of BS

3. NutymcNuty

NutymcNuty GBATemp's Autismo

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Fire!

also quite sure bs as of right now.

Decooter likes this.
  4. MisterSheep
    OP

MisterSheep Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2017
    United States
    First of all, we don't know if this works on only dev systems or not. If so, modifications could probably be done to the retail system to do so.
    Second, that was a joke.

Last edited by MisterSheep, Jun 30, 2017
  5. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Actually, I know for a fact that by default you can't get any of the dev tools to connect to a retail switch. I've got them all installed and can't get any to do anything with a retail switch. Dev units have specific software in them that allow these tools to connect and work with it. The retail switches lack that, and without modifying the switch software (which in turn would require already having some sort of exploit) they simply won't show up to the dev software, as if they don't exist.

6. UnsureSherlock

UnsureSherlock Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    Correct. Not only is it a retail variant of the firmware, but even the hardware ID populates as a different entry than an EDEV or SDEV unit. No amount of willpower is going to turn the device into a dev unit, the driver provided by Nintendo as part of the SDK can't be installed for the Switch when plugged into the PC (Even if you disable signature checks on windows and force an install), and none of the provided utilities can connect.

One last note: The folks working on Pegaswitch are avoiding the SDK, for legal and functionality reasons all the same. If a group of proven folks, respected by the community for consistent releases, doesn't bother with it, then you're probably not going to get too far either. No reason for further discussion on the matter.

TheCyberQuake likes this.
  7. iAqua

iAqua feel the... envy.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    What the fuck are you doing? I'm sorry to be an asshole but you're being fucking autistic, OPENLY discussing contents of a copyrighted SDK, bravo, one way ticket to a lawsuit, i'm saying this for your own good, stop now before you fuck over your life.

Last edited by iAqua, Jun 30, 2017
  8. UnsureSherlock

UnsureSherlock Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    The main Megazarf file is just an archive. If instead of going in without bothering to actually learn about what you were seeing, you might have noticed the explicit instructions on what to do with the included zarf files. They're used by the installer to prepare the dev environment.

Nothing at all will happen. Literally nothing at all, unless somehow you got a retail Switch with a dev firmware, AND it just so happens that when you plug the Switch into your system, it somehow malfunctions and lists a dev unit's hardware ID, AND somehow your hardware magically transforms into a dev unit with matching hardware.

Again, you can't, because you can't connect to a retail switch. Also, you have no idea what you're even doing with this kit right now, but somehow you think you'll be able to modify a compiled executable? Cmon now dude, just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

Oh my goodness! You managed to get into the big icon that says Portal? The one the documentation explicitly mentions to run? MAN, how did you ever manage to pull that off, seeing as all it took was double clicking something that ended in "exe"?

For real dude, posting screenshots of copyrighted materials, having no clue what you're doing all the meanwhile? Give it a rest and leave the hard work to people who know what they're doing.

TotalInsanity4 and NutymcNuty like this.
  9. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Yep, it literally tells you how to install the megazarf if you actually pay attention and read readme files.
    Also I have a USB C to A and can confirm absolutely nothing happens (decided to test for funsies even though I was sure nothing would happen).
    I hope this thread gets locked. This is just ridiculous.

10. MisterSheep
    OP

MisterSheep Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2017
    United States
    Ridiculous over explaining so that way it's easier to get to the SDK? I think we can all agree that the documentation for it is a jumbled mess. And yes, the post will go away in a matter of time. Tech difficulties as the site for some reason won't let me contact staff. :/

11. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I contacted them for you

Jonna likes this.
  12. MisterSheep
    OP

MisterSheep Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2017