Secret Fail0verflow key leak?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by lismati, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lismati
    OP

lismati Speedrunner in practice

Feb 24, 2010
    Poland
    Yes.
    Too bad. If they did, maybe I would somehow get myself a ticket, and go to 29C3. Not going to bother to say "Hi"

2. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    Fairly sure, yeah. The schedule has been released. Unless they do a lightning talk (not really sure how they work), there's nothing in the schedule about them.

3. muskieratboi

muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Sep 19, 2012
    Ah. I was going off the talk schedule. Guess they're there after all! They'd better put what they have at the table online, lol..

4. drmr

drmr Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2008
    United States
    Seriously?

5. muskieratboi

Sep 19, 2012
    Well, "They better" probably sounds a bit demanding, I apologise. I meant more along the lines of maybe a podcast or something of any discussions or cool things they might d...

Ohwaititsdrmr.

I'll go hide behind a couch out of sheer embarrassment, now.

6. Supercool330

Supercool330 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2008
    United States
    It would be really cool if you post some pics on twitter or whatnot. Not that you are obligated to, simply that it would be cool for those of us who can't practically go.

7. mike333

mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    Poland
    just wait for the c3 - we have internet

8. muskieratboi

Sep 19, 2012
    Will do. Excited to see what F0 have in the wings.

9. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    Am I the only one that's noticed that today there's yet ANOTHER similar entry?

10. drmr

drmr Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2008
    United States
    Apology accepted, of course. Glad to see someone realize he's talking about -- and to -- real people.

If I may ask, what is that supposed to mean?

11. Deltaechoe

Deltaechoe The Dopefish

May 3, 2012
    United States
    You guys (directed at team fail0verflow) are making it very hard to resist playing with my wii u in ways that nintendo never intended

12. muskieratboi

Sep 19, 2012
    Another new key? Is this one Nintendo related? 3DS, mebbe? (Lol, that'd be a lark)

Guess Nintendo's security team are gonna have their hands full on the 27th.. Not to mention all of us. :P

13. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    Y resist?

14. nitrate

nitrate Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2012
    United States
    It's just speculation, but possibly the second key is the gamepad hash? They just mentioned "Devices" can get drunk too... The Gamepad is a device, isn't it?

15. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    I hope that the keys of the WiiU and the 3DS will end to be the same... the 3DS is a device too.

16. nitrate

nitrate Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2012
    United States
    I highly hope that there DEFINITELY WILL BE a discussion related to those two posts of fail0verflow at 29C3...

17. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    The Wii U is also a device, it could just be referring to how the console could get "drunk" in a similar way to a human. Maybe they splashed a little alcohol over the circuitry and the Wii U puked up that hash. Or maybe they mean in a similarly to how a drink is drunk, but that might take a while with an ordinary household blender.

18. lismati
    OP

lismati Speedrunner in practice

Feb 24, 2010
    Poland
    Yes.
    Absolutely no chances that WiiU keys and 3DS keys will be the same, unless Nintendo is retarded.
    And those strings are SHA1 hashes, not keys

19. muskieratboi

Sep 19, 2012
    hell, if we manage to at least get the Wifi key that the Gamepad uses? I honestly would stop using the Wii U alltogether and start using it as a display for an android device. :P

20. Skyb

Skyb Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2012
    France
    You know that this team just play with curiosity ? it's some SHA1 String, so what is the big deal about releasing this false clue ? just to keep patient the people and play with them
    I can release myself a SHA1 string from the Wii U execution, so what ? this team never really release open source code, it was just some tools and exploit that was already existed before.
    They probably try to snif every packet that the Wii U send and make a dump fly, so exploiting the connection between the Gamepad Wii U and try to understand how it's works (well easy to know) actually the Wii U Gamepad use a silent app that is executed during the boot process of the Wii U based on the Vivu technology (Wifi Display by ATI/AMD) even it's secure you can still take some packet away (nothing it's secure on fly) to read the info.
    Payload + remote exploit

Anyway not sure that they are going to release something after what happen on the PS3 Scene that bring some kid and lam mentality, hope that the Wii U Community stay more mature.

Also it's too early to release a Wii U Exploit (or if you want to kill the Wii U future, do it) you can also find a partial open source code of the Wii U that Nintendo release recently (no sure it's help but it can be a way)

Now it would be nice to just exploit the Wii Mode and why not the Gamepad Wii U but don't do anything that will make problem for the future of the Wii U... (like the 3DS, it's better to keep the platform really alive to bring better games)

For sure you will be able to connect your Gamepad Wii U on a computer ;)

By the way if you really want to check what the SHA is about, just use Ighashgpu (for ATI/AMD/NVIDIA GPU) is a strong program that can crack really fast with the help of your GPU

nukeboy95 and G0dLiKe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.