legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it possible/wise to buy a second graphics card just for hooking up my desktop machine to my TV?
My current graphics card is all I need for gaming but it doesn't support scaling (over HDMI) to correct overscan.
I was thinking something cheap like a GeForce 9400 GT.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then yes, should be possible. BTW mismatched SLI works too but would be bad as whatever card you have in there will be pulled (down) to the specs of the other card (assuming it has the same core). Not sure if you use hardware decoding for movies how that affects displaying over the other card though.

Anyway do a google, there are more people out there who do the same thing (but AFAIK they tend to use it for quad-display and such rather then a TV, but in essence that should be the same). Some experience might be better then a guestimate
smile.gif

Westside has a point on the PSU btw..

P.S. Are you sure it is your video card that is the problem rather then your TV?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes I am sure its my graphics card, even Nvidia say it is and they released a fix which doesn't work.
My PSU should be okay on a low powered card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: First she gets the clap, then I get the slap? +1