Second Generation Gateway 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by coldjim, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldjim
    OP

coldjim Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2007
    Hey guys,

Anyone heard that the gateway are bringing a second generation cart out?

According to YeahGeek here:
    http://www.yeahgeek.com/gateway-3ds...3ds-flashcard-play-backup-3ds-roms-p-722.html

They say:

"The pre-ordered gateway will be brand new and the second generation flashcard, the chips make changes and get improved. What surprise they will bring to us? The higher version support is our common expectation. Yeahgeek will get the second generation gateway 3ds flashcard in the first, which means our pre-order customers will be the first one to enjoy the latest gateway 3ds flashcard!"

Sounds interesting.... anyone know what they will change?

2. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
    would more likely be a clone than a revision....

Shadow#1 likes this.
  3. coldjim
    OP

coldjim Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2007
    people have ordered from YeahGeek before and have got legit flashcards though.... so its not a clone

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Well considering yeahgeek isn't an official reseller, I don't see why gateway would be supplying any revision to them first, that's not to say it's impossible, but there has been similar rumours before and sites instantly start throwing up pre-order pages before there is even any proof of the existence of the card

5. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    probably just a normal gateway with the fpga update already installed lol, if they were releasing a new revision, they would have announced it themselves and wouldnt have let someone else leak it

cearp and migles like this.
  6. coldjim
    OP

coldjim Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2007
    whats the fpga update? Sorry im new to this. I just pre-ordered my gateway from YeahGeek for my new purchased 4.1 3DS

7. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    It's the update to an extra chip in the cart that we had to do in order to run all of the features of Omega to put it simply.

8. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    yes for the new omega firmware we had to flash a chip with a new software and flashing always holds a risk and some people did report, the flashing process corrupted their gateway... although I am still sceptical, that this really was the cause, it might be a viable option for the gateway people to sell the new batches of gateways with the fpga update preinstalled... or this whole thing might just be bullocks altogether as this site isnt even an official reseller, so this is all to take with a grain of salt

9. coldjim
    OP

coldjim Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2007
    Ah ok, so this 'second generation' chip is nothing big?

10. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    it probably isnt even real
    the site is not an official gateway reseller, so it might just be a scam to lure people into buying the "new and better" gateway, which turns out to be just a cheap clone card

edit : you might want to add to the first post, that this is not confirmed and might just be fake :-)

11. coldjim
    OP

coldjim Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2007
    According to people i've spoke to on here, YeahGeek is the real deal, with genuine flash cards.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=252705538257881&id=159359730925796

They are official it seems!

12. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    The point is they are speculating what this new card is themselves, trying to mislead people into thinking it will work on newer firmwares is not cool in my book

Ps gateway doesn't have a Facebook or Twitter those pages are usually set up by resellers looking to direct people to their own store

19cookies likes this.
  13. coldjim
    OP

coldjim Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2007
    Im not trying to mislead anyone, im just posting some news i found which may be interesting to people. Its open to discussion thats why i posted it. Wanna see what people think.

14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    I'm not saying your misleading anyone....unless your yeahgeek

I mean this they have on the details

15. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    MT may cry

16. dbcopter

dbcopter Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    Couldn't say one way or the other but the mention of required files being Omega 2.2 suggest this isn't a reinvention. Looks like they're banking on old chip old software or update software before next Friday.
    Wait and see approach needed.
    Price per unit however does look nice, would Gateway really sell a Gen 2 product £20 cheaper than a Gen 1 whilst stocks were still out there?

17. Warft

Warft Say my name!

Aug 8, 2013
    United States
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    19cookies likes this.
  18. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    I was about to say, they were fast about ditching their current clients!

19. ndstuff

ndstuff GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2006
    Poland
    this is a very profitable and common practice in the flashcart business though

20. coldjim
    OP

coldjim Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2007
    oh no.... do u think this company is a scam then? I have placed my ordered already :/ GRRRR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.