SDHC Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Velvis2k8, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Velvis2k8
    OP

Velvis2k8 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2007
    United States
    I have a 3.2U Wii thats working perfectly with USB Loader and my Rockband instruments.
    Latley I have been using alot of DLC with Guitar Hero 5 and I am coming up against the limitation of 2GBs on the SD Card.

I know System 4.0 supports SDHC and a faster transfer speed, but from what I gather the update blocks alot of exploits etc.

In the past I had updated the shop channel without updating the whole system.

So my questions are:

1) Are Rockband and Guitar Hero capable of accessing the larger SD cards
    2) Will it take advantage of the speed increase?
    3) Whats the safest/easiest way to get the SD card enhancements without messing up my existing setup?

2. supersonic5000

supersonic5000 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    My house
    1. Yes and no. Guitar hero 5 does support sdhc.
    However rock band 2 can't use sdhc cards regardless of system menu version.
    2. I suppose it would not really sure.
    3. Use the 4.2 safe updater to get to 4.2 without touching your cIOS or installing a bunch of trucha IOS.

3. Velvis2k8
    OP

Velvis2k8 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2007
    United States
    Thanks for the reply, answers, and tips.

Question though, what happens with Rockband 2 when there is a SDHC card installed? It simply doesnt see it?

4. supersonic5000

supersonic5000 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    My house
    Probably, the IOS rock band 2 loads doesn't have sdhc support. So unless you use sneek to emulate your NAND or nintendo allows title patching you can't use it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice