SD2Vita Issue

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by JoeyC213, Aug 7, 2018.

1. JoeyC213
    OP

JoeyC213 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2013
    United States
    Staten Island, New York
    I seem to be unable to find another thread with this issue, so hopefully yall can help me.

I have an 8GB Sandisk micro SD and a 16gb Lexar Micro SD, at first i used the 8GB micro SD as a means to test using SD2Vita properly, and it worked just fine, so i formatted my 16 gb lexar and it for some reason nothing happens, it uses my PSVita memory card instead that is 4gb.

so since i havent gotten anything important on here yet i decided to just restart from scratch, restored the system, copied h-encore, put the SD2Vita in my console, and ran TF Card Plugin Tool. Still no results, however for some reason when i put the 8GB sandisk back in the SD2Vita, it worked just fine, and since i was able to format the 16GB lexar theres obviously nothing from with the card itself, and if i have this right, strangely enough the 8gb still works whether its exFAT format or FAT32

im baffled as i dont know what the hell is going on with my system or why my sd card refuses to work

2. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    1. Connect your bigger microSD card to your PC;
    2. Install Win32 Disk Imager, download zzBlank.img (google it), select your microSD in selector and press WRITE;
    3. Unplug your microSD and pop it back in.
    4. Format your disk from Windows with the following options:
      • exFAT as File system
      • Select Default allocation size as Allocation Unit Size
      • Don’t put in a volume label
    5. You’ve now finished your new microSD! Now just can copy everything for the old one and MAKE SURE Windows is showing hidden / protected files!!

3. JoeyC213
    OP

JoeyC213 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2013
    United States
    Staten Island, New York
    ive done this multiple times with no results, every sd card i popped into my SD2vita worked except for this 16gb lexar for some reason

4. eighthdayregret

eighthdayregret fnerrrrrrrrrr!

Sep 27, 2017
    United States
    Sounds like a bad card. I had a 64gb that I used for years that I had no idea had issues until I got my SD2Vita. It would format properly, no errors in Windows, but it corrupted everything when I tried to use it in my SD2Vita. I ran one of those microSD checker programs, and sure enough, it was bad. I'd just never copied enough data to it to know.

MUDD_BR likes this.
  5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If it doesn't work, get a larger card, 16GB is very small anyway it would only fit few games.

MUDD_BR likes this.
  6. eighthdayregret

eighthdayregret fnerrrrrrrrrr!

Sep 27, 2017
    United States
    And prices for microSDs just dropped industry-wide, so you can get a 64gb card for $20.
    Getting an SD2Vita and using a small microSD is like buying a Ferrari, but not putting wheels on it.

MUDD_BR and Hayato213 like this.
  7. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Fan

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    I bet is a bad card too.

8. rayan

rayan Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    France
    I have 16gb sd card and my ps vita is hack 3.68 and cannot recognize my sd card
    i delete tai folder