SD/USB loader using IOS55, Possible?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by delarin, Jul 15, 2009.

Jul 15, 2009
  1. delarin
    OP

Newcomer delarin Newbie

Canada
    Is it possible to either create a cIOS 222,223,249,250 (which various loaders use) with IOS55 merged, or a SD/USB loader that uses IOS55.

I ask because I am working on a Monster Hunter G translation project and we are entering beta testing, it would save us loads on discs if we don't have to burn the game to test it.

As of now nobody I have talked to has gotten MHG (trucha signed) to load without IOS55 although some people say 223 mload works, once the disc is trucha signed it doesnt seem to load any longer. I understand that Gecko OS uses cIOS 249, and it does seem to load the discs no problem, so what is special about Gecko that the SD/USB loaders can't emulate?

Alright flame on, I know you hate me and all my newbishness but I had to ask somewhere or I would probably end up killing someone (like a gummi bear)

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    No, you don't. 1. Gecko OS does not use IOS249, and 2. there's no such thing as a cIOS249.

What do you want? It would be nice if you would tell that. What will be the product of your work?

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's trying to translate a game that requires a specific IOS. When trucha signed, the game won't load in an USB loader, meaning they'd have to burn the game over and over just to test new things.

His question basically is: how can I make this game work on an USB loader?

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Sorry that does not make sense. When using the usb loader, you use a cIOS, and all cIOS have the trucha bug. You understand my confusion now?

5. Luigi728

Member Luigi728 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    A gummi bear? you make me think of Pon & Zi..
    Anyway, it should work on any cIOS cause they've, like WiiPower says, the truchabug.

6. delarin
    OP

Newcomer delarin Newbie

Canada
    So now you ALSO understand my confusion. the game ONLY works with IOS55 through softchip loader so far, and it also runs in gecko OS...any other attempts to run it once patched, fail misserably.