SD cart got corrupted

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by NoNAND, Jan 17, 2017.

1. NoNAND
    OP

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    Pikachu City
    Guys this is a long long story and i am too lazy to tell it but i was able fix my sd card and it works now. My question is. Do i need to downgrade to 2.1 again? Or do i just ti get the a9lh payloads and files. And no this time no more emunand for me.

2. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    it would be a great help to know if you have a9lh, what section of the guide you already did, what version you are, or what are you trying to do.

Quantumcat and NoNAND like this.
  3. NoNAND
    OP

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    Pikachu City
    Well i have a9lh i think because when i hold select on boot the luma cfw menu appears

4. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    then yes, you do have a9lh already installed.

Then if you got a new sd card, just paste arm9loaderhax.bin from luma and thats it, if you dont have a nand backup of your current setup, do a backup of your nand, if you do have NandMin,bin save it to a safe place, if now, then sadly create a new nand backup using hourglass9.

if you think you screwed it up on any other part of the guide, easily start from scratch with a GOOD sd card.

NoNAND likes this.
  5. HyperT

HyperT GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2016
    No need to start from scratch. Everything else depends on how/what your system is running now.

NoNAND likes this.
  6. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    We dont know how "stable" is his setup. that's the dangerous part. nor if he doe shave a Nand backup.

7. HyperT

HyperT GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2016
    There's no such thing as a stable/unstable a9lh [well except in terms with how the dev would classify the a9lh payload]. It's either installed or the system is bricked. All the files on the sdcard are re-creatable except for otp.bin - which is only need to reinstall a9lh from stock firmware.

If you are starting from a fresh sdcard, setup your arm9loaderhax.bin [as luma3ds] and your /luma/payloads then aeskeys.bin in files9 folder and load up hourglass9 and make a nand backup - It'll create a nand.bin and backup a few other files.

@NoNAND was it just a simple sdcard removed without unmounting corruption that was fixed with a simple chkdsk [scan and fix]?

Last edited by HyperT, Jan 17, 2017
    Quantumcat and NoNAND like this.
  8. NoNAND
    OP

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    Pikachu City
    @HyperT ik the chdsk cmd command but i kept getting RAW drive error. Tried m3 raw drive fixer and many more. None of them worked.

So i formatted my sd card. No other choices. I also tried recovering files but i got so many weird stuff.

9. Cinnamon

Cinnamon GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2014
    Norway
    I'll rather replace that sdcard. Even if formatting may temporarily solve the problem, the longterm effects may still come back.

HyperT and Quantumcat like this.