Hacking SD card unsupported SDUSB loader 1.4

watupgroupie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I took my kingston 2gb micro SD card(mainly just a test card to see if this app works well) and formatted it with two partitions, a smaller and larger one. I loaded the SDUSB loader onto the smaller partition and formatted the larger partition to WBFS on my pc. Put it into my wii, booted up SDUSB loader and when I select the SD card as the device to mount it gives me a ret=-1 error. Does this mean that my card is unsupported or something? I also tried my sandisk card which also gave me the same error but I only had 1 partition on that, and it was obviously fat so I could still load homebrew, but it didn't get past that error. My test game was going to be wii sports because I read that it comes out pretty small when its done ripping it. Maybe I need to have the games already on it and it doesn't support ripping games to the SD card and thats why I'm getting the error? I don't know... I can't seem to find much help either when I google about it either. Someone fill me in please?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try formating as WBFS and adding the game in your PC first and then try again on your Wii, I don't have enough space in my SD card to test this out...!!
smile.gif

watupgroupie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I was going to do Wii Play since its size is 0.09gb when ripped with USBSD loader but... How do I rip the game to that size if I can't run the app??? I mean I could rip the game with the wifi ripper thing, but then its like 4gb instead of 0.09gb, and if I use wiiscrubber it only shrinks the image if its put into a compression container file... Is it possible? Remember my card is only 2gb...

watupgroupie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: Got a bad server response and clicked the post button twice... woops.

EDIT2: Okay did some reading and supposivly the WBFS file system will automitcally compress the file just like you had rar'd it... getting rid of the garbage data. So I'm in the process of ripping Wii play. I will report back later when I get it onto the card and see what happens.

watupgroupie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, now I just feel retarded. Turns out I hadn't installed the CIOS36r10 or any previous versions... So went ahead and installed that and everything was up and running in a jiffy. Wii Play was in fact 0.09 gb and ripped in 40 seconds. Now I just hope I can use my ipod as a usb drive so I don't have to purchase a hdd (I know I'm cheap
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?