Hacking SD Card troubleshooting

chuberry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi all I decided to make new thread to keep track of SD card problems, since I ran into many. The idea is to maintain in this message problems and fixes so it hopefully can help other people.

My SD card : samsung EVO micro sdxc PLUS 256 GB speed 3, class 10

Just installed CFW the switch boot but when I open the hbmenu it does not show any content at all!

This is very likely due to the archive bit of the extFAT messed up on macosx. To solve that issue just run the command below on a macos terminal replacing the /Volumes/SDCARD to your SD's path.
Code:
sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/SDCARD

Original thread here.
thanks to @AnalogMan
In my OSX chflags syntax is slightly different.

My card is full even though in macosx it says it has xx GB of free space!

macosx is a hog that put a .Trashes folder with the files you deleted, these files are then automatically deleted if you request more space in macosx only. For the nswitch your ssd card is still full. So to fix this just clean your trash before removing the SD card.
More support from Apple here.

Just reboot on CFW and now all nsp installed apps don't work showing: "The Software Was Closed due to an error."!

I don't know exact why this happens but I have a workaround for that. Just boot on regular FW with the SD card inserted. Once you unlock the switch (after pressing 3 times the same button) an error message asking for formatting the SD card will appear, just choose later and then reboot in CFW.
Original thread here.

Last edited by chuberry,

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: chuberry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat