SD Card Question.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by fojacko, Jun 14, 2013.

1. fojacko
    OP

fojacko GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    Ok, so I am planning on temporarily using a 4gb class 4 sdcard on my 3ds to download MH3 using that friend recommendation thing (luckily i had forgotten to redeem my 3ds club nintendo code). Anyway, if i were to download MH3 on this card, then later on switch sdcards, would it work fine. Or would i have to download the game again?

2. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    You'd definitely have to download the game again.

3. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    Really? I thought you could just copy the contents to a different SD card and everything would work as long as you are not using it in a different console.

4. Katsumi San

Katsumi San GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2012
    Kyoto
    This does not make sense.You can move all content from one SD card to another empty SD card and insert SD card into SAME console(not different) and everything is to be there. I do this already.. I move all content from 2GB SD card to new 32GB SDHC card and insert 32GB in same 3DS and everything is there. But if put in different 3DS then content will not appear.

5. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Spiky!

Mar 27, 2012
    France
    ^ This exactly.
    If you download data on your SD card it will be encrypted specifically for your 3DS.
    If you copy the files to your PC or another SD they will still be encrypted and readable by your 3DS.
    You just can't have another 3ds system read them, since they're encrypted specifically for your system.

6. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    Simply copy/move everything over, it should work fine.
    Did it myself when a few weeks ago when I got tired of my 3DS asking me to delete stuff every time I wanted to download anything.