Homebrew SD card issue (but not really)?

karikatourea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm having a pretty weird issue with one of my 2 old3DS XL systems.
I bought two identical 128 GB SD cards, and formatted them using GodMode9.
On the first system this worked flawlessly.
On the second, GodMode9 recognizes the card, but when I turn on the ds it loads my theme and badges but not my titles. H2testw showed no errors, but my 32 GB card loads everything fine.

So I thought it was a card issue.

But I swapped the 128 GB as a test, and the card that didn't seem to work works fine on my first system, and the card that did work on my first 3ds doesn't load the titles on the second.
So both the 128 GB cards work fine on my first system, none work on my second, though the 32 GB card works fine.

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

RafaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, and Nintendo 2DS systems are compatible with SD cards up to 2 GB in size, and SDHC cards of 4 GB and larger up to 32 GB in size. All other SD Card types are not considered compatible. miniSD and microSD cards are compatible with the use of an SD card adapter.

SDXC and microSDXC cards are not considered compatible.

Hope this helps!

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The 3DS is compatible with any SD card as long as it's formatted to FAT32.
Are you using a micro SD in an adapter? Maybe it's an electrical contact problem.
You could stick some adhesive tape on the back of the adapter, on the opposite side of the contacts, to increase the pressure against the slot's pins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2