Hardware Misc SD Card Errors

Mattia2309

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The o2DS runs now well without a Card in the Slot?
Yes that what i thought, too. The 2DS is probably damaged. We dont really know if its a Soft- or Hardware issue, if nothing works (contact bridging on your own risk).

Maybe i could figure it out, if i try it on my own. But online i only can give advices.
as i said, i can turn on the 2ds without the sd card, but when i turn it on with the sd it just gives me the static blue light without turning on. When I insert the sd card with the tape, it gives me the "Cannot access sd card" error. i think i just have to adjust the pins in the slot, clean it and the sd card and try the middle switch and 3rd layer. if this doesn't work then i don't know what to do

Mattia2309

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This may sound stupid and over simplistic but it helped me once with a similar situation try putting tape over the lock on the SD card

Edit: if it's the read/write switch in the system then this should stop it from triggering
already did that and it solved it. The problem is that another error came up
IMG_20220616_152125.jpg

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I checked my o3DS SDCard-Slot.
On the far left side i got a single contact. This one is pushed down if the Card switch is set to disable writeprotection.
I cant see and identify it on your pics. Maybe its bent or broken. That is what he tryed to move in correct position with the tweezers in the video.

Attachments

• 20220617_101450~2.jpg
    20220617_101450~2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 39

Mattia2309

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I checked my o3DS SDCard-Slot.
On the far left side i got a single contact. This one is pushed down if the Card switch is set to disable writeprotection.
I cant see and identify it on your pics. Maybe its bent or broken. That is what he tryed to move in correct position with the tweezers in the video.
you don't get me. I've solved the write protection error. Now I have to solve the "Cannot display the software on the SD Card. The SD Card could not be accessed." error

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah OK. But this is also for others if this Problems comes up again.
The Last that had in mined is that it worked with double taped SDCard as temporary solution. But resulted now access error. And Understanding the thing with the Video, to get maybe a finaly solution without soldering.
And i edit some pots if me with soldering, because if u want be sure to get the right pins. U can use a Voltmeter and proof the state protected/unprotected.

So, how u say. If u maybe adjust all the pins inside the Card Reader it could work.

Last edited by Sypherone,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
You mentioned earlier you tried to bend pins. This is probably the reason why it can't access the SD card. Make sure the pins are all straight and equal height.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.