SD card corrupted?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gooey38, Aug 15, 2009.

Aug 15, 2009

SD card corrupted? by Gooey38 at 11:54 PM (417 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Gooey38
    OP

Newcomer Gooey38 Newbie

United States
    So recently I installed some new games on my micro SD card and when I put it into my Acekard whenever I clicked on a game it said that it wasn't there, so I restarted the DS and it is stuck on the Loading screen.

So I plug the Micro SD into the computer to see if there was a problem. Opened up the folder and..."0gb of information found." the entire thing was empty for some reason, thus my conclusion that my card was corrupted.

Now my question is how can I recover my lost files? I generally backup my saves but I have been vigorously playing through Phoenix Wright so when the incident occured I did not think of backing up my PW save.

So yeah, how can I recover my lost nds, savs, .cc, etc. from my micro SD card, or is reformatting it, the only way? I downloaded the Panasonic formatter, but apparently by formatting it it deletes all the information on the card, and I do not want that.

Additional information: I do not think it's the Acekard's fault, seeing as it's worked for months and this is the first time this has happened to me, See: my confusion.

2. MeisterNo874

Newcomer MeisterNo874 Member

Croatia
    same thing happened to me, on dstt.
    there should be some recovery tools on the net.
    i know my friend told me that he can recover it for me, but i already formated the card... [​IMG]

to me, my problem occured when i was browsing through google maps, and as the program always saves pictures to cache, my card reached its memory limit and shit happens.

i can give you only this advice: always have cca 20mb of empty space on your card so this problem cant occur again.