Hardware sd and funds questions

Rictor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi , wanted to ask if for "upgrade" sd on the switch is enough move the files from the old one to the new one like on 3ds and if the switch can read exfat sd . wanted to know also if i add funds on the switch eshop i will have them on the 3ds eshop too , thank you

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi , wanted to ask if for "upgrade" sd on the switch is enough move the files from the old one to the new one like on 3ds and if the switch can read exfat sd . wanted to know also if i add funds on the switch eshop i will have them on the 3ds eshop too , thank you

it depends, if it is partition-based emunand, then you would need to copy it as an image and expand the partition. if it is file based, I believe you just need to copy the files over to the bigger sd card. I am not sure if nintendo switch eshop is connected to 3ds eshop.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyon can answer these questions please ?

If you are not using a hidden emunand partition then you can just copy and paste, it is not recommended to use exFAT though, as for the 3DS and Switch eshop balance, you need to link your NNID from your 3DS to nintendo account to use the balance.

Rictor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
my switch is not cfw ( i think also is not possible since was a patched model ) so not sure if emunand is a thing , can i then just move files from a sd to another ? ( asked for exfat because some games are bigger than 4 gb and i think are saved to the sd ) for create a nintendo account i used the nintendo network id , should be both linked ? thank you

Last edited by Rictor,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Transfer your saves to your internal storage and just upgrade your SD slot as normal. You just have to redownload your games again. Also you can use a credit card or buy a store card to add funds to your account.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my switch is not cfw ( i think also is not possible since was a patched model ) so not sure if emunand is a thing , can i then just move files from a sd to another ? ( asked for exfat because some games are bigger than 4 gb and i think are saved to the sd ) for create a nintendo account i used the nintendo network id , should be both linked ? thank you

What you are using is Sysnand if you don't have CFW, as for 3DS eshop account, you have to link the NNID to your Nintendo account on https://accounts.nintendo.com/ in order for the balance from the switch account to show up with your 3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Transfer your saves to your internal storage and just upgrade your SD slot as normal. You just have to redownload your games again. Also you can use a credit card or buy a store card to add funds to your account.

Save are stored on Internal NAND, no need to transfer, doesn't sound like he has CFW.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    65.7 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: Goku1992A

Rictor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes my switch does not have cfw , can switch read exfat sd ? can i just move the files from old sd to new one ? having used a nintendo network id for create the nintendo account are the 2 already linked ? thanks again and sorry for bad english and for the many questions , is the first time i'm upgranding switch sd and adding funds on switch eshop

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes my switch does not have cfw , can switch read exfat sd ? can i just move the files from old sd to new one ? having used a nintendo network id for create the nintendo account are the 2 already linked ? thanks again and sorry for bad english and for the many questions , is the first time i'm upgranding switch sd and adding funds on switch eshop

You can use exFAT if you want , just format it correctly before use, even though it is recommended to use FAT32 all data are under 4GB anyway. As for the NNID used on the 3DS/Wii U generation you have to link it to your Nintendo account on https://accounts.nintendo.com in order to use it, NNID is just nintendo network ID that is different than the account used on https://accounts.nintendo.com

Rictor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i've noticed some games downloaded from eshop were large more than 4gb and fat32 can handle only 4gb per file , i've also checked on nintendo site that nintendo network id is liked , will then every fund added on switch available also on the 3ds ? thanks again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.