Hacking ScummVM PSP

koimayeul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, hey.. Fellow tempers!! Here's my attempt of an Essentials thread with the best (IMHO) Point & Click games playable on PSP!

Using latest ScummVM on PSP (or ScummVM on PC) - Comments in building since i discover most of them just lately.

Beneath a Steel Sky (freeware, great sci-fi adventure)
Day of the Tentacle (this one comes out often as the best of the genre though quite illogical puzzles)
Discworld 1&2 (LOADED with humor with Rincewind, and Terry Pratchett universe)
Drascula - The Vampire Strikes Back (freeware, first few minutes the style reminded me of day of the tentacle so it might be good)
Flight of the Amazon Queen (freeware, nice little one very funny and on the easy side)
Full Throttle (this one is famous and gorgeous 2D)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (best Indy game ever made!)
Inherit the Earth - Quest for the Orb (furries fun)
King's Quest 5&6 (if you like sick puzzles, but nice background)
Loom (feel the MAGIC)
Police Quest 1&3 (realistic and a little boring but good experience)
Monkey Island 3 (GORGEOUS on the PSP!)
Sam & Max Hit the Road (crazy fun)
Simon the Sorcerer 1&2 (very humorous in a bit of a trashy way)
Space Quest 1&4&5 (Roger Wilco. What else?)
Teen Agent (freeware, funny dialog)
The Dig (high production value, a movie-game!)
The Feeble Files (weird alien adventure game)
Toonstruck (Christopher Lloyd aka DOC from Back to the Future digitized in superb cartoony screens!)

There we have it! Hopefully this will become a good start for some of you that want to look as well to the years behind for those gems that shall not be forgotten.

If i not talk about some it's either i don't like them or i not had a chance to play it.. So feel free to bring them to my attention.
(I'm french so a game with either french sub or even french voice acting would be my best pick.. English with no sub is a no-no to me sadly.)

Welcome constructive criticism, suggestions and comments.

QUICK NOTE

The best part.. You can start a game on your PC and copy the save file to your PSP to continue the game where you left it, or the other way around!

QUICK LINK

Get the latest ScummVM release here : http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/

UPDATED 15/12/11 - ScummVM v1.4.0

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You might also enjoy Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer and Toonstuck

Also i don't really understand your wording....you mean that first list you're playing PSX versions and the rest using ScummVM?

koimayeul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks will check
smile.gif

yes the first list are the point & click i know of for PSX (though X-Files have video issues on the POPS sadly)
playing broken sword again got me craving for them once more so i only try out ScummVM for PSP this morning and god is it good i know what to do coming days with my time

edit : ohh only got my hands on Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer but that will fit for this evening

koimayeul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guild McCommunist said:
Sorry, I don't have interest really in point and clicks but I know the Wii version of Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings had Fate of Atlantis in it. IDK if the PSP version does. Anyone know?

oh bummer only the Wii version has it.. ah wel it still runs great on the ScummVM

source http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/03/indiana-...ckable-fate-of/

blackrider

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think scumm for psp is the worst version of scumm. It stretches the graphics and they look like shit. It's too bad there's no option to play unscaled.

koimayeul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
blackrider said:
I think scumm for psp is the worst version of scumm. It stretches the graphics and they look like shit. It's too bad there's no option to play unscaled.

Hmm i saw many options on the graphic section when you add a game, but default settings do very good for me.. maybe im traumatised from the AWFUL and litteraly unplayable NDS version and praise this one for this very reason.. lol

The control with the stick can be a problem though depending of people feel with the nub and to pixel hunt THAT one item.. to me the back of my hand can get sore after a while but in my case its better than hurting my back on the PC
My feeling overall this port is suprisingly good especially for some games with flashy cartoony arts (toonstruck, monkey island 3, humongus games for the kids)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0