Scribblenauts word list...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Achilles, Sep 15, 2009.

Sep 15, 2009

Scribblenauts word list... by Achilles at 10:23 PM (2,432 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Achilles
    OP

Member Achilles GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I see that someone has posted the complete Scribblenauts word list online.

Does anyone know how this was done?

I've used DSLazy to extract the .nds down to it's individual files and searched them all using a recursive search for a known word and it came up with nothing. The files all seem to be encrypted or compressed somehow. I don't necessarily want to try and change anything, I'm just wanting to poke around and see what's there. Any guidance?

2. DarthNemesis

Member DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    There's some simple LZ77 compression, and once you get past that the file formats aren't complicated at all.

3. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    do you know the best item in Scribblenaughts?

The PRIEST!!!!!!

he is invincible

i also muck about but making 2 and giving them both guns

put a t-Rex in and if the shoot each other it like a never ending DBZ battle

4. AznPride112

Newcomer AznPride112 Advanced Member

Australia
    They used several different versions of the dictionary and put it into one wordlist

5. flying sheep

Newcomer flying sheep Newbie

Germany
    i’m totally new to rom hacking and scribblenauts does nor offer any folder names or file extensions.
    i can program, however, so it would be nice to at least tell me the path (relative to the root folder containing the folders dwc, f, g, h, i, j, k, n and o) to one of the lz77-compressed files, so that i can test what i can do with python or bash.

even nicer wold be the way you identified the files and the tools you used, but i’m willing to learn myself.

6. Dragonmasta666

Newcomer Dragonmasta666 Member

United States
    your not gonna be able to code new items into the game. All items have scripts that do this and that attached to them. Unless you really know what your doing you WILL fail. Even then there is a reason no one has done it yet ... its not that simple.

7. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    Ahhh, if only DS game makers could see the potential in making Mods. PC game makers see it, why cant console? (Little big tried and look at how awesome it is!)

8. flying sheep

Newcomer flying sheep Newbie

Germany
    i did not say that i want to do that, i just want to broewse the files and maybe retrieve a better list without missing characters.

can nobody tell me how to find out the filetype of the files/identify which ones are lz77-compressed?