Hardware Screetching hinge?

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short: my 3ds touch screen scratched my top, sent it to service and they got me a new screen. The new screen had some hot pixels so they got me a new system. My previous 3DS' hinge was quite wobly but this one is quite sturdy, but it makes stupid screetching sounds... Should I be worried, or should I not pay much attention? Thanks!

D

Deleted User

No! Send it back now! There was a member on these exact forums that posted a video of his stupid screeching hinge- it is too tight, and will eventually break the console if you do not post it off to Customer Support pronto!

D

Deleted User

Gullwing said:
UGH! I hate it! I really don't want to give it back.. At least not yet. Is there a work around on this?
No, there isn't- unless you want to make your hinge incredibly loose or risk losing your warranty :/

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
Gullwing said:
UGH! I hate it! I really don't want to give it back.. At least not yet. Is there a work around on this?
No, there isn't- unless you want to make your hinge incredibly loose or risk losing your warranty :/
Should I let it be until the real problem comes up? Really, sending it back to the service is a huge pain in the ass for me right now, considering that they messed up my previous 3DS, and I was literally begging for a replacement
hate2.gif

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gullwing said:

The idea of lubing it isn't as wack as some might think. Years ago there was a plastic engine sold in toy stores, it was clear so you could see how internal combustion engine works, anyway, for a lube they suggested Vasaline (petrolium Jelly). I think regular oils (some) will break down plastic but petrolium jelly will lube without breaking the plastic or melting it. I would use a very tiny bit so the tech that eventually fixes it doesn't see it inside when opening it though. I have used this on the clear cover cases for the DSi, ds lite and so forth, when they were tight, worked fine.

Good Luck

SyFyTy

PS Nintendos retrun time for repairs is not good right now because they are getting flooded with the 3ds Black Screen problem - poss defect. Mine had it and they can't figure out what is causing it. They said poss. games but I've also had the problem in the system menu...

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syfyTy said:
Gullwing said:

The idea of lubing it isn't as wack as some might think. Years ago there was a plastic engine sold in toy stores, it was clear so you could see how internal combustion engine works, anyway, for a lube they suggested Vasaline (petrolium Jelly). I think regular oils (some) will break down plastic but petrolium jelly will lube without breaking the plastic or melting it. I would use a very tiny bit so the tech that eventually fixes it doesn't see it inside when opening it though. I have used this on the clear cover cases for the DSi, ds lite and so forth, when they were tight, worked fine.

Good Luck

SyFyTy

PS Nintendos retrun time for repairs is not good right now because they are getting flooded with the 3ds Black Screen problem - poss defect. Mine had it and they can't figure out what is causing it. They said poss. games but I've also had the problem in the system menu...
Umm Silicon lubricant spray could do the job, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi