Gaming Screen Replacement Question

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out my friends brother has an original PSP with a cracked screen so it is unplayable. I asked if I could buy it and he is selling it to me for 30 bucks. I want to buy the cheapest screen I can find and I immediately thought "DealExtreme" I found this one here but I am unsure if this is for the original PSP. Is states so in the title but in the description it speaks of Slim/2000. I would think maybe they just copied the description from the other screens but I just want to make sure this screen will work with an original psp.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its also an extremely easy repair but you have to be careful with the screen, don't remove the top layer of plastic protecting the screen until you've secured it in the psp or you will risk scratching the screen as these screens aren't as durable as the orignal screens

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reaper said:
It works. They just say it works with a 2000 also

No...

PSP 1000, 2000, and 3000 series each have their own unique connectors for the motherboard.

The one he linked to is a 1000 for sure though. 1000 series screens have the huge piece you have to fold behind the screen when installing. The 2000 series and 3000 series screens have much smaller connectors.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
From what the discussions on the DX page is indicating it looks like the description is wrong and it is just a PSP1000 screen replacement.

"Its probably the discription, slim screens are quite expensive still. The pictures of the screen is unlike the other pictures, and the title says 1000, so its probably the 1000 screen."

"If you compare conections, looks like it's for 1000 http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/20380438...ight.html"

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, anouther question then. I figure, since I am taking off the faceplate, mind as well replace that as well because it is very scratched up and looks like crap. I would replace the entire casing but that would be going out of the way and also be much more expensive. I found the psp phat black faceplate but its 20 bucks! I could get a whole case for that. All of the other colors are 5-9 dollars. Why must this be?!

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
Ok, anouther question then. I figure, since I am taking off the faceplate, mind as well replace that as well because it is very scratched up and looks like crap. I would replace the entire casing but that would be going out of the way and also be much more expensive. I found the psp phat black faceplate but its 20 bucks! I could get a whole case for that. All of the other colors are 5-9 dollars. Why must this be?!
Sorry, I don't work for DX so I can't comment on why it is more expensive. However, I did notice that it is temporarily sold out so my experience in economics tells me that demand is pushing the price up because the supply is inadequate.

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at the title for the $20 face plate, you can see it says "Original". The cheap ones are aftermarket replacements.

They have other face plates for $9 each. Like this silver one. They don't say outright that it's for the 1000 series, but if you look at the user submitted photos, you can see that it is. You can tell which ones are for the 2000 series because they specifically say so.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received my screen from DealExtreme and replaced it and now it works great! But I am having trouble selling it. I want to use ebay but I have never used it before and have no idea how to set up shipping prices and different things like that. Can anyone who's familiar with ebay help me out here? I dont want my page to look like crap and also, i have no reputation because I have never sold anything So I dont know if people will buy from me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet