Hardware Screen protector in steamy bathroom?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered a tempered glass protector for my Switch. I've not had horrible luck putting on screen protectors & have put them on phones, Wii U's , tablets, etc. and never really have tons of problems but I am now living where there is more traffic and much more dust comes in through the windows. Anyway, I've always seen people say to apply screen protectors in a steamy bathroom to greatly lessen the chance of dust bubbles. How does that work? Won't the screen collect moisture on it bringing it into a hot steamy bathroom, then you have moisture between the screen & protector? Or the moisture causing problems with the adhesive?

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've never heard anyone say that ever, I guess the humidity would allow the protector to sit nicer but I wouldn't think you'd need to do that.

Just clean the screen thoroughly and apply evenly, you shouldn't have an issue

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have heard applying in a humid bathroom works as the dust is forced to settle.
Steam is excessive.

As long as you clean properly and align it you should get a perfect application no bubbles.

Fitted mine perfect first time but misaligned it so ordered another since they dirt cheap

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I'll need to clean the screen as it will be applied to a brand new never used Switch straight out of the box. I think I'll do the bathroom thing just to be safe and do as Arecaidian Fox stated. I'll run the shower on hot and let it get steamy, but will let it dissipate first before going in and applying it.

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1