Broomoperator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi

I want to know if you can brick your n3ds by changing the top screen of dual TN to upper IPS keeping lower TN.

Is there a guide, someone wrote he bricked two 3ds while trying to install IPS screen.

Also I can't find YouTube tutorial but another person also wrote comments section of the tutorial mentioned people bricking as well.

But haven seen others saying the screens working well so don't know what to think.

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi

I want to know if you can brick your n3ds by changing the top screen of dual TN to upper IPS keeping lower TN.

Is there a guide, someone wrote he bricked two 3ds while trying to install IPS screen.

Also I can't find YouTube tutorial but another person also wrote comments section of the tutorial mentioned people bricking as well.

But haven seen others saying the screens working well so don't know what to think.
A simple video with broken upper display repair will work just fine. The job is hard so be careful . I changed around 30 3ds and n3ds/xl displays they are almost all the same. 3 flex cables.
N3ds/xl IPS displays are hard to find, almost impossible.
Why do you wan´t an IPS display on it?

Broomoperator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
A simple video with broken upper display repair will work just fine. The job is hard so be careful . I changed around 30 3ds and n3ds/xl displays they are almost all the same. 3 flex cables.
N3ds/xl IPS displays are hard to find, almost impossible.
Why do you wan´t an IPS display on it?
There's a seller on eBay called wiigotem who gets them in somewhat regularly.

I want IPS top screen for the better visuals. Plus should I ever want to sell one of them people are willing to pay premium especially if top is IPS.

I read something on here about the system bricking when installing IPS screen on dual TN n3ds. Does this happen just because of the screen swap?

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's a seller on eBay called wiigotem who gets them in somewhat regularly.

I want IPS top screen for the better visuals. Plus should I ever want to sell one of them people are willing to pay premium especially if top is IPS.

I read something on here about the system bricking when installing IPS screen on dual TN n3ds. Does this happen just because of the screen swap?
There is no bricking only because of screen replacement. They probably brick it because it´s not so simple to change it and you can break something in the process . I would leave it If I where you :D
It´s not "SOO" better to take the risk. I have 1 with and 1 without the IPS , trust me you need to watch carefully to see the difference if you are looking from the front. You can watch the screen from the side (what does not make any sense, the 3D effect would not work)

Broomoperator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
There is no bricking only because of screen replacement. They probably brick it because it´s not so simple to change it and you can break something in the process . I would leave it If I where you :D
It´s not "SOO" better to take the risk. I have 1 with and 1 without the IPS , trust me you need to watch carefully to see the difference if you are looking from the front. You can watch the screen from the side (what does not make any sense, the 3D effect would not work)
I already bought the screen and I really want to do it, so what you say is they bricked it not because of the screens being different but because they broke something in the process.

What about the calibration files hwcal1. Fat and hwcal0.dat is that something I have to be concerned about?

Does the system check to see you have the correct screens with reference to those files before booting

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you IPS dies and breaks you can simply change it with TN and it will work. The other way around I don´t know. My customers didn´t cared much, they only wanted it to work :D

Reactions: Broomoperator

Broomoperator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
If you IPS dies and breaks you can simply change it with TN and it will work. The other way around I don´t know. My customers didn´t cared much, they only wanted it to work :D
Thanks for letting me know. But there's still the other thing, that should I ever decide to eBay it people are willing to pay premium for upper IPS.

Broomoperator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well I tried it and bricked had someone examine the new screen under microscope and he tells me there are contacts missing in the cable.

Last edited by Broomoperator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr