Screen glitch

TheAstro306

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
I modded my own nintendo switch v2 with chip from AliExpress.. it work great for about 3 month .. I forget it on charge for 2 to 3 days and now it glitch from turning on .. if I turn it on . It ill work for the boot up only like 2 or 3 seconds then it ill glitch and freeze..

What did I do trying to fix it
- format sd card
-different sd card
- hold power button and volume + and - ( it ill show nintendo logo and glitch )
- I tried without sd card ( it show no sd card logo )

Any help ill be appreciated

TheAstro306

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain

Attachments

• 20231117_222140.jpg
    20231117_222140.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

qubtrash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The chip is known for having problems like NAND corruption, should have went with other chips like Hwfly Core V4 or V5.
I see this statement from time to time. Is this really true? Weak/loose connections is one thing, but is there hard evidence that nand corruption occurs with RP2040-based chips? If all connections are good then it should be a firmware issue.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see this statement from time to time. Is this really true? Weak/loose connections is one thing, but is there hard evidence that nand corruption occurs with RP2040-based chips? If all connections are good then it should be a firmware issue.

The RP2040 hwfly is known for have nand corruption problems.

TheAstro306

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Open it up and inspect your soldering. Problem might be dat0.
I ill check it tomorrow.. now its 12am where I live .. I ill update u with more photos tomorrow .. I have extra mode chips and few spar parts for the switch.. I ill try to check soldering points . Then I ill try to swip the chip with new one . If it didn't work .. I ill swip the memory chip

qubtrash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The RP2040 hwfly is known for have nand corruption problems.
You did not really answer my question.
Where can i find evidence of this corruption?
I'm not putting you against the wall, more that i find this a interesting subject.

Is this something that professional modchip installers are experiencing?

If so, there is a lot of ticking bombs in switches right now. I assume that majority of installations today is based on cheap aliexpress modchips.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did not really answer my question.
Where can i find evidence of this corruption?
I'm not putting you against the wall, more that i find this a interesting subject.

Is this something that professional modchip installers are experiencing?

If so, there is a lot of ticking bombs in switches right now. I assume that majority of installations today is based on cheap aliexpress modchips.
No it doesn't. It just depending on firmware version.
Plus a lot of people skimp out on important parts.

You can read these

<sorry not a good subreddit to link to>

https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly...-with-hwfly-working-fine.633167/post-10196694

https://gbatemp.net/threads/mariko-switch-with-picofly-not-booting-past-switch-logo.638248/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/going-to-mod-my-v2-switch-need-some-tips.637851/

Obviously V4 chip is better than a V6 Hwfly RP2040

Last edited by linuxares,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have read a lot of ups and downs with the Picofly and the hwfly v6. Rp2040 (like RP2040-Zero) itself isn't an issue. It's the produced chip fro HWFly that might be. So it can be confusing if you just say the RP2040 :)

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
The RP2040 firmwares are sketchy as hell. I don't know how much of the story is public knowledge now but the original private implementation was stolen and then built upon by 2 other people who didn't know what they were doing. They do some stuff with i2c to undervolt the Tegra (to make it easier to glitch) which isn't done on FPGA chips and some Pico chips don't have resistors for the eMMC lines, which is bad.

Reactions: hartleyshc

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand why a few people keep making this blanket statement. Rp2040 is not "known" for data corruption. There have been some specific instances of data corruption and none of those have been proven not to be user error.
I have installed almost 100 rp2040 based chips and have never had any data corruption issues. Please stop posting this as if it is established fact.

TheAstro306

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
What chip you got?
Hi sir .. the soul came back to the device
I didn't do anything at all .. I just turn it on with fresh sd card with hakata ( wrong spelling for sure ) everything look normal

Do u recommend me to do anything as safety?
I have a backup for all the files

Thanks again for ur help

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi sir .. the soul came back to the device
I didn't do anything at all .. I just turn it on with fresh sd card with hakata ( wrong spelling for sure ) everything look normal

Do u recommend me to do anything as safety?
I have a backup for all the files

Thanks again for ur help

Backup your NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol