Hardware Screen Adhesive For Screen?

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically every switch straight our the box has a problem with the bottom right screen popping out a bit. Im wondering if and how you guys fixed it. what glue did you use? did you have to take the whole screen off? etc...

EDIT (SOLVED): ifixit labeled the switch as having a double sided adhesive tape, one must be weary of the digitizer ribbon on the upper right side and pry open the digitizer(front screen) and then replace the adhesive tape. Simply glueing the corner down with adhesive glue is not recommended. Super Glue WILL DESTROY the digitizer front, and hot glue doesnt do anything and could potentially melt the screen...

Last edited by gameboy, , Reason: solved

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, not every switch has that problem. Neither of my two units have that problem
My 2 don't have that problem as well and neither does my friends switch. Never even heard of that problem until now so no idea what the OP os on about.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2 don't have that problem as well and neither does my friends switch. Never even heard of that problem until now so no idea what the OP os on about.
I know a few do have that problem where the screen separates from the unit, but don't know where OP got the idea that it's every switch. It's only a very small percentage of all units, and definitely no where close to being all units.

Michael Morsette

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine has this problem, though it isn't too bad. I would like to hear how users have addressed this; I wouldn't mind trying to fix mine.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a few do have that problem where the screen separates from the unit, but don't know where OP got the idea that it's every switch. It's only a very small percentage of all units, and definitely no where close to being all units.

ive bought three first day units and all three came like that with the bottom right corner not properly glued tight...

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and my two first day units don't have the problem, so it's not "every switch". If it were every switch you'd see much more complaints about it online.

its not completely popped off, it just wasnt glued properly so it sticks out just a LITTLE BIT... but it bothers me a lot

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not completely popped off, it just wasnt glued properly so it sticks out just a LITTLE BIT... but it bothers me a lot
Well for suggestions, I highly recommend avoiding super glue. It will likely eat away at the screen plastic, and may even remove the black coloring on the edges. Unfortunately I don't know what adhesive would be a good idea to use.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Search on youtube... there was also a older thread somewhere here, there's literally a HUGE amount of reports of Switch bending and screen lifting problems ;)

They claim is specially because of heat while docked, no idea at least the back is well designed by the fact that Nintendo used the backplate with thermal compound to actually spread heat and not let a huge heat point on it, now the front maybe the plastic is cheap and theres no shielding from the SOC board to the front where the screen attach.

And maybe there is a replacement on ebay... On my smartphone I changed the screen and it uses a waterproof adhesive so I bought a replacement on ebay, the material I'm sure would work perfectly on the Switch and comes out easily to replace the LCD as it just requires a powerful hair dryer, my phone actually seem to get hotter than the Switch(portable, as I never even tried the dock a single time yet). I never had problems with the adhesive, but the phone is also full metal with glass covers so it won't have the plastic bending problem either.

Last edited by guily6669,

Milad407

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I just replaced my screen because it was scratched, and for new adhesive i used this: search on eBay for “3M 2mm x 50 Meter strong LCD Glass black adhesive bonding iPad phone Samsung HTC”
Works perfect

Reactions: gameboy

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
replace the digitizer with a new one and it will have new glue and that would fix your problem. But my switch did not have that problem and iv owned up to 5 at one time. although i'm down to 1 and fixing to be back up to 2 switch's.
Make sere you watch a video on how to do that because if not you will miss shit up.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically every switch straight our the box has a problem with the bottom right screen popping out a bit. Im wondering if and how you guys fixed it. what glue did you use? did you have to take the whole screen off? etc...

EDIT (SOLVED): ifixit labeled the switch as having a double sided adhesive tape, one must be weary of the digitizer ribbon on the upper right side and pry open the digitizer(front screen) and then replace the adhesive tape. Simply glueing the corner down with adhesive glue is not recommended. Super Glue WILL DESTROY the digitizer front, and hot glue doesnt do anything and could potentially melt the screen...

Reactions: Michael Morsette

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL