PS1/2 SCPH-90001 sensors

Quick Man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to get my ps2(SCPH-90001) to run with the lid open and I've read on here as well as on other sites that all you need to do is block the sensor that is positioned above the power/reset switch but in my experience, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Does anyone else have any experience with this? I saw a video on you tube of a guy that demonstrated that if the laser moves when you turn it on with that sensor above the power switch disabled then it should run whatever disc... not for me it doesn't.

Thanks

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I'm correct you need to block two sensors. The one with the lid should be a little hole and there's the disk stopper with requires something flat.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need an 8 dollar kit. It takes a very small piece of cardboard i.e. from a cereal box and small piece of paper or tissue paper.

D

Deleted User

Quick Man said:
Almost 30 views? Does no one have modding experience with the new ps2 models?
What are you trying to do?
My advice would be to source someone who can install Free McBoot for you. No messing around with sensors then.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saturnplanet5 said:
Quick Man said:
Almost 30 views? Does no one have modding experience with the new ps2 models?
What are you trying to do?
My advice would be to source someone who can install Free McBoot for you. No messing around with sensors then.

"Beware! Sony has created a new BIOS in the SCPH-9000x series PS2 models that negate any OSDSYS update using the DVD player hack. This means that after BIOS revision 230, Playstation 2 units will not work with FMCB!"

Quick Man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
You don't need an 8 dollar kit. It takes a very small piece of cardboard i.e. from a cereal box and small piece of paper or tissue paper.

can you explain how to block the other sensor? The one above the power switch is easy to block. Are you talking about the disc brake sensor?

I'm trying to load backups via swap magic. My discs run fine its just the sensor problem.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, from where you put the disc. If you put a disc in and look right at the edge of the upper right near the disc you'll see the disc brake, all you have to do is slide a piece of thin cardboard or plastic under it until you hit the switch this will hold it up (tape it down). I believe the disc brake also controls the laser, which is probably the reason why it's not working for you as the laser resets when the case is opened, even if you have the tissue in the tab above the reset.

This is my experience with my nephew's 90001.

If you really don't understand where to do this, take a picture of the inside of the disc tray and I'll try marking it for you.

Quick Man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. I will try this and see how it goes.

Edit: You were correct! Thanks a lot guys. Problem solved. I think I might buy magic switch though because I assume it lets me close the lid when I'm playing the games? Also, is it true that cd backups are tough on the ps2's laser? Maybe that only applies to old ps2s or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone