Sci-fi RPG coming to WiiWare

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Dec 8, 2008.

Dec 8, 2008

Sci-fi RPG coming to WiiWare by War at 11:07 PM (744 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"While we’re waiting for more epic RPGs to come to the Wii Kemco plans to fill the void with Sorcery Blade. Kemco is hardly synonymous with “RPG” here. Some older gamers may remember Kemco working on Shadowgate and Deja Vu for the NES, but they have a Sorcery series of RPGs for mobile phones.

Sorcery Blade is part of that series. In this game you play as someone in the distant future that does something in the distant future. Yeah, Kemco hasn’t revealed anything the story, but that doesn’t seem to matter since Sorcery Blade’s main draw appears to be blending motion control with turn based combat. One concept Kemco implemented is motion controlled glyph tracing. The game has two player support too.

Sorcery Blade also draws on your Mii data and makes your Miis NPC. I can’t wait to see a town filled with Doremon, Link, and Rastafarian Panda heads. Fortunately, the wait isn’t much longer if you have a Japanese Wii since Sorcery Blade comes out on in two weeks on December 16 for 1,000 Wii Points ($10). No US release has been announced and despite Sorcery Blade being filled with Japanese text I wouldn’t rule one out."

More pics:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Source

2. spiritos

Newcomer spiritos Advanced Member

Israel
    this looks awful.... [​IMG]

3. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Looks like it could be interesting, but gut reaction says it looks too generic and the size limit means it will suck.

We'll see...