Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
I'll be honest, I don't like this a bit, The graffiti text is completely unreadable to me, the stroke in the gears is crappy, the layer style you came up with in the red text is too simple, the stars brush is totally pixalated, better find a new one and the black text in the lowest part of the image doesn't look that good too also the stroke in the tribal thingy is totally lame too. The good thing is that you're actually trying and this will at least lead you somewhere.

No offense.
-Noitora

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Consider re-wording the red text a little, "If you wish to audition get an audition slip from your form teacher information of the audition will be included" sounds a little awkward. (suggestion (although writing isn't really my thing): "If you wish to audition, you can get an audition slip with entry information from your form teacher.") Also you missed the capital letter on the next line
smile.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read the criticism from the other posts yet so I would criticize it only from my point of view without the ideas of others.

The graffiti style text is very hard to read. I suggest something legible so it stands out more. I would recommend the title in a different color other than black and white so that grabs the viewer's attention first because the description is definitely popping out more than the title is. People will read on when there's more text, so just leave the description in black.

The stars are pixelated, I'd probably prefer a more of a solid star. It seems a bit clustered. I'd probably place those gears on the background somewhere else. Maybe around the title instead?

Other than that, it's not too bad. But can use a little fixing up.

Good luck with it.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just some personal thoughts, perhaps someone might agree: I'm not a fan when people use a font for graffiti. I don't know why. It's almost like using midi files and trying to pass them off as a symphony. Or a white kid trying to be gangsta. Or an american acting japanese based on watching anime.

Other than that, I can't tell what the first few words are. I know it is supposed to say "Cathys" but it could also be "Canadas".

Basically, I agree fully with Noitora.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmm yeah it dosent quite work, I think maybe try changing the color of the backround from white and add some color to the graffiti, I think the main problem is everything blends together too much and its hard on the eye to pick things out.

Chri5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not going to hold back this comment but i know you may not agree with me...

completely re do it... read some tuts of basic design and preplan if this is a big piece

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
it looks like you took pictures and just slapped on the words, sorry

the white post it makes the white background kinda blinding in contrast with the words
the red words seem a random choice

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think he/she should be fine with the graffitti text now

its not that unreadable, and people seeing it will probably have heard of Cathays high school

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks nicely improved now that the text is more readable. The fence lining is a little bit distracting, as the buildings should probably be the most prominent figure in the background. Besides that, consider putting the "All proceeds will go towards Cancer Research UK" in white instead of dark gray.

Chri5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the new one lookss alot better but lose the graffiti font... its fuckin ugly... or use a nicer grafftiti font that is more readable

Rowan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chri5 said:
the new one lookss alot better but lose the graffiti font... its fuckin ugly... or use a nicer graffiti font that is more readable
i will not lose the font and have already made a final please close this topic it is no longer needed

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rowanchap said:
Chri5 said:
the new one lookss alot better but lose the graffiti font... its fuckin ugly... or use a nicer graffiti font that is more readable
i will not lose the font and have already made a final please close this topic it is no longer needed

I would agree with Chri5 as well.. it still takes a bit of time to read. It's up to you if you want to change it, but from the looks of it, I don't think you would.
tongue.gif
Just gotta let you know though, its hard to satisfy everyone. But if majority agrees on one thing, its better to go that direction so you satisfy the majority instead. But, you can always leave it and make it stand out 'cause its different.

Either way, good luck.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...