Hells Malice said:
pyrmon24 said:
Hells Malice said:
TwinRetro said:
1. Call in bomb threat from an anonymous line
2. Wait for school to let out
3. ???
4. Profit!

In my highschool career, about 20 people did that.

Those 20 people were all found and charged quite heavily for it. There's always a very good chance of being found out, no matter where you call from. Unless you're like...in the US calling in bomb threats to China or something.
How do they find you if you call from a payphone were there are no cameras?

Simple. It's near impossible to find a payphone not near cameras.
Even if they're not obvious, cameras are EVERYWHERE. Especially around payphones, you're guaranteed to be caught on camera.

Your best bet for surviving a bomb threat is stealing someones cellphone and hiding an an alley or something...but even then I don't know the extent of how well phonecalls can be traced, especially from cellphones...they might have GPS coords and still get ya on camera, lol.

Actually, your best bet would be to purchase a cheap prepaid cell phone.

D

Deleted_171835

Law said:
Lock Down? Like they lock you in the school? With the shooter?

That sounds incredibly retarded
THIS

Lockdowns are silly. Having us all huddled in one corner makes it more convenient for the shooter. They think it's safer to keep us trapped in the school with a shooter. Doesn't make any sense.

It doesn't really concern me, though, because if there is a shooter at my school, I would be leaving through the window.
-

As for topic at hand, there hasn't ever been a bomb threat at my school. It is situated in a small neighbourhood, though.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Malice said:
pyrmon24 said:
Hells Malice said:
TwinRetro said:
1. Call in bomb threat from an anonymous line
2. Wait for school to let out
3. ???
4. Profit!

In my highschool career, about 20 people did that.

Those 20 people were all found and charged quite heavily for it. There's always a very good chance of being found out, no matter where you call from. Unless you're like...in the US calling in bomb threats to China or something.
How do they find you if you call from a payphone were there are no cameras?

Simple. It's near impossible to find a payphone not near cameras.
Even if they're not obvious, cameras are EVERYWHERE. Especially around payphones, you're guaranteed to be caught on camera.

Your best bet for surviving a bomb threat is stealing someones cellphone and hiding an an alley or something...but even then I don't know the extent of how well phonecalls can be traced, especially from cellphones...they might have GPS coords and still get ya on camera, lol.
I know two payphones that aren't near cameras. One is IN my school and the other is five minutes away. I know for certain there are no cameras. And yet, we never had a bomb threat. What's up with the youth in the states?

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I agree to SoulSnatcher, lockdowns are a waste of time, and that's why I like them
biggrin.gif

I've never had a bomb in my school AFAIK, BTW, did they find who made the threat?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm... all this talk about lockdowns reminds me of what my teacher said.
1. What if there's a person outside that can harm us? That's why we don't go out.
2. During a lockdown, use the cat litterbox if you need to use the bathroom.
3. If a lockdown ever happens, he has several traps tied to the classroom door which will attempt to hit them in the head, hurt them in some way, blind them/hurt their eyes, etc. And if those traps don't work, my teacher will be camping behind a large trifold and will unleash his fighting skills on them immediately. My teacher has been shot with a gun several times in his life, so he'd be able to hold on and protect us in the event that they have a gun. So we are completely protected.

BTW, we had a lockdown at my school in October 2008, near Halloween. It wasn't a killer at my school though, it was just a bunch of creepy dudes flashing their cocks at 11-year-old girls at my school. I remember one of my friends saying stuff behind a news reporter while they were recording (stuff like "That was so gay"[no offense to Catboy if you're reading this] "WTF just happened?" "OMFG, you pedophile" "We're going to find you...")

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At my school, it's usually BS, but the way they give threats are pretty clever/stupid in my book, the last one was an anonymous text to my principal, which was last year when I was a sophomore. The one before that, my freshman year, was carved inside of a urinal with the exact date and time on it. That one was probably going to happen before they got caught!
ohmy.gif

The only thing interesting that happend was a drug bust where we were in lock down for a whole hour, almost skipping a whole period, 7 students were busted.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TDWP FTW said:
YayMii said:
use the cat litterbox
...wat

Why is there a cat litterbox in your classroom...And why are there traps above the door? What is this, Home Alone?
The cat litterbox is in the classroom's lockdown emergency kit (since we have no access to bathrooms during a lockdown). The trifold I mentioned could be used to retain privacy and make a mini-bathroom stall.
And the traps aren't at the door at all times; my teacher is just able to set them up in a hurry. They're just to stall time and give him an opportunity to attack.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
The cat litterbox is in the classroom's lockdown emergency kit (since we have no access to bathrooms during a lockdown). The trifold I mentioned could be used to retain privacy and make a mini-bathroom stall.
And the traps aren't at the door at all times; my teacher is just able to set them up in a hurry. They're just to stall time and give him an opportunity to attack.

I'm sorry but this is the biggest "What the fuck?" thing I've heard in a while. I'd think in any major disaster that the authoritative forces, even in Canada, would try to help the school first. You know, police, fire department, etc. I'd think they'd be fast enough that you wouldn't have to resort to taking shits in a litterbox.

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Near the end of my senior year in HS someone stole my friend's backpack and threw it in a corner. School police officer found it and had the school evacuated for half the day.

I

ishdeepsingh

I know lots of people who do drugs, mainly weed. Once, at lunch (8th grade, middleskool). So there was a new black guy and asian chick. The Black guy (O yea not trying to be racist to any1 here just describing them so im sorry if i offend u) Just came outta juvvie and it was his 2nd day of skool here. (LOL wat a dum a$$) anyways, the chick bought weed from him, along with 3 mexicans and a white girl who smokes weed alot. So at lunch, they (2-4 police officers) saw the new Black guy playing basket ball, so they stopped him and took his backpack. Searched it and found a huge stash of weed. He went to the office with the police. The police came back and looked around, finding 1 mexican. They found the asian chick, and took her in, but didnt find anything, because she bought it and sold it for more $. The doogs smelled it tho, so she told the truth, but hid who she told somehow (she said like a cuzzin or sumthing). They also took another mexican to jail. And then they went and didnt know about 1 mexican, and the other girl. The mexican that they were looking for, stashed it somewhere. He SMELLED. He got clone and the police didnt take him in. Then the day later he got taken in for saying that he has a gun (lol he was kidding to the teacher, because he was hiding his pocketnife from his backpack becuse he got called to the office and she didnt let him take the backpack). He hid the nife, and the backpack got searched by the police because the wanted to find the gun. no gun. lol

BTW every1 is back at skool now lol exept the black kid cause his records messed up

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brings me back to my freshman year at one of the crappiest highschools in Georgia (state, not country).
I think we had about 12-15 bomb threats that year alone, if not more.

I spent most of my time on the track outside the school baking in the hot sun and high humidity... and they still wanted us to resume class while on the track... gotta love it.

mikeychunn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember back in high school, someone called a bomb threat on the day we were supposed to take the AP english exam. It wasn't a simple call like most kids do, it was the whole shebang. They got a box, an alarm clock, lots of emptied dynamite sticks, a note for some reason, and put it in a box with a nice ribbon. School was immediately canceled and SWAT and the bomb squad had to come. Sucks a ton because instead of taking the test in the morning, we had to stay after school for 4 hours to take it. Good times though

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Was kind of weird being in school for both Columbine (was actually on school break at the time) and 9/11.

I remember after Columbine some half-wit joker thought it'd be funny to call in a bomb threat... until they arrested because the dumbass did it from the payphone AT THE SCHOOL.
No one called in bomb threats after 9/11 though...

Things were different then though, lot of people were scared. I remember my girlfriend at the time was supposed to go on a school trip to NYC that day, but there was a problem with the bus -- which I didn't know at the time.

BladeKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Only lock down I had was in highschool. Gun threat got called in at 2:50, school was supposed to be done at 3 but we had to stay until 6 and it was swat teams busting into every room and checking us to see if we had anything on us haha
It sucked hard

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
YayMii said:

I'm sorry but this is the biggest "What the fuck?" thing I've heard in a while. I'd think in any major disaster that the authoritative forces, even in Canada, would try to help the school first. You know, police, fire department, etc. I'd think they'd be fast enough that you wouldn't have to resort to taking shits in a litterbox.
lockdowns can last long , especially in a school filled with students who could be there for hours .
and YayMii , that sound really planned . in my first period class , all my english teacher did was cover up the little window on the door with giant sticky notes . >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?