wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
sclogo.gif
SCDS2 SFC EMU .CHT Format
Working Cheats!
337902596_tp11210.jpg

While the entire Flash Kit scene has been discussing the SFC/SNES cheat functionality of the SCDS2's SFC EMU, the GBATemp community has solved the problem. Early this morning with the help of Rydian and SixtySixHundred the format for SFC EMU .CHT cheat file has been discovered. A query to Team SuperCard generated some basic information and a useful file that got us started. Team SuperCard stated that the SFC EMU uses snes9x cheat codes and that .CHT files should be made using the EMUCheat software. This method caused a few problems, of which I am still hoping can be resolved when more guides and help emerge. Until that time Rydian has provided for us a sample .CHT file which is confirmed working by SixtySixHundred, and the formatting below.

Keen-eyed users will note that the formatting resembles a SCDS2 GBA EMU .CHT file. It is starting to look like Team SC simply copied the code over and made some minor adjustments for the SFC emulation. We can not blame them for this but it did make finding a working .CHT template rather confusing.

Please feel free to discuss this accomplishment in the news thread, but post all .CHT related comments and discussions in the On-going Discussion thread linked below.

Let us all get to work and start converting a collection of working SFC .CHT cheat codes!

.CHT Format said:
[Code Name Here]
Option 1=ADDR,VALUE
Option 2=ADDR,VALUE
Option 3=ADDR,VALUE

[Code that changes more than one address]
Option 1=ADDR1,VALUE1;ADDR2,VALUE2;ADDR3,VALUE3

[GameInfo]
Name=Game name, not sure if it matters.
System=SFC
Text=Notes here.

download.gif
 Download .CHT
icon11.gif
Rydian's Guide for Making .CHT Files
discuss.png
 On-going Discussion

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Respect to Rydian for taking the time to actually work out the cheat format. I found a specific bug while testing the .cht files though.

If you're running a ROM with cheats active, then go to change those active cheats, the DS will freeze, causing a restart. Not so much of a problem, but when you restart the ROM, then activate some cheats, the Emulator refuses to apply any of the cheats until you've replaced (or possibly just remaned) the .cht file on your SD card. It's very annoying!
I'll report the bug to the SC team in a while when I've registered at the forums, if anyone else would like to confirm the bug? Just to be 100% sure..

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
SixtySixHundred said:
Respect to Rydian for taking the time to actually work out the cheat format. I found a specific bug while testing the .cht files though.

If you're running a ROM with cheats active, then go to change those active cheats, the DS will freeze, causing a restart. Not so much of a problem, but when you restart the ROM, then activate some cheats, the Emulator refuses to apply any of the cheats until you've replaced (or possibly just remaned) the .cht file on your SD card. It's very annoying!
I'll report the bug to the SC team in a while when I've registered at the forums, if anyone else would like to confirm the bug? Just to be 100% sure..

i've had some cheat reselection freeze the emu. but it doesn't happen for all cheats. like on the original test file i can turn on/off the item box cheats all day long. but as soon as i select a power-up cheat the emu freezes. in fact turning on any power-up cheat does not echo that choice in the game. i also can not get the high score cheat to work, i turn it on and nothing happens. i haven't tried renaming or replacing anything when it happens. to be honest the emu freezes A LOT and writing the review supplement has been a real pain. the thing is just buggy at this point. it is a port of snes9x and i'm not having these problems on the pc emu, so whatever they did to get it running on the scds2 has caused instabilities.

-another world

StarWolf3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm sorry to bump this topic again, but my problem is the following:
I have made a .cht for Secret of Mana (german version), but the game doesn't matter. The problem is, that neither NDSSFC, BAGSFC nor CATSFC will display Cheats with more than one "Address,Value" combination.

QUOTE said:
[Code that changes more than one address]
Option 1=ADDR1,VALUE1;ADDR2,VALUE2;ADDR3,VALUE3
Those Cheats aren't listed in the Menu, only those with only one "ADDR,VALUE".

Example from my file:
CODE[Boy: Always 100%]
ON=E1ED,00

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.