Scared with DX fake

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by ChapmaN, Sep 22, 2008.

Sep 22, 2008

Scared with DX fake by ChapmaN at 10:03 AM (1,752 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. ChapmaN
    OP

Newcomer ChapmaN Newbie

Spain
    Hi, I bought a DSTT from DX with that famous gold dot. I've decided to keep it because it's more expensive for me to send it back to Hong Kong than buying a new one. But my problem now is that i'm worried because I don't know if the software available in ndstt.com will hurt my cart or my memory card. So, does anybody have that fake cart and used that software? any problem with that?
    My englis is not good so I hope to explain my problem propertly.
    THX

2. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    For now, DSTT kernel haven't been updated since july.

So you can download it safely (version 1.15), there's no "fake bricker" on it.

But avoid the 1.16, as long as we don't know if the bricker will be integrated or not.

Also i think that like the "R4 clone", new DSTT website will be made for each clones.

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    DX usually pays for returns, particularly in cases like this where they didn't advertise the DSTT as fake. I would contact DX about it.

But like boudincaca says, the latest version of the firmware at this time (1.15) is safe. You can download it from the download section of this site: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2872

-Bri

4. ChapmaN
    OP

Newcomer ChapmaN Newbie

Spain
    The only thing they've told me is to change the item, but then they only pay the 30% of the price of the item for shipping costs, and sending my cart back to Hong Kong is about 12€, so it will cost me more money even.
    Did anybody get his money back in that particular case?

5. ShadowStitch

Member ShadowStitch Devilot's Tubtoy

United States
    One of my friends recently ordered a DSTT from DX, and it never quite worked right...

When DSTT published the information on how to tell fakes....sure enough, he has a bootleg version. I mean, I know he's not faking it -- I've seen the thing screw up left and right, and I saw the DSTT in person, to verify the fakery.

When he emailed DX about it, they wouldn't admit it was fake, only apologized for the defective unit and offered to replace it. [​IMG] Even though DX has a big ol' banner proclaiming they don't sell fakes...

Methinks they need to take a closer look at their inventory.

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I don't know if DX will pay return shipping to replace a fake, or if they only pay return shipping if it doesn't work. My guess is that if you pressed them on it they would pay the return shipping costs.

If they give you a hard time about paying the return shipping, you could gently remind them that you didn't get the merchandise that you paid for. You paid for a real DSTT and they instead sent you a fake.

If they insist that the one they sent you is real, you can take a picture of yours and point them to the DSTT website, then ask them if they are going to pay for a new microSD card in the event that a future version of the DSTT "fake killer" firmware destroys your microSD card as DSTT threatens it will. I would think that they would have no choice but to pay the return shipping costs if they don't want to pay for a microSD card that might get destroyed in the future due to the fact that they sold you a fake DSTT as a real one.

-Bri

7. SkyintheSea

Member SkyintheSea GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Get a Supercard with DSTT firmware if you are too scared to get one.

8. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Uhh... Whats the point of that?
    Why would you get a Supercard and just using the DSTT firmware on it?

That's like buying a top end computer and installing windows 95 on it.

And if the bricker was to be implemented I think it'd detect the Supercard as a fake.

9. ChapmaN
    OP

Newcomer ChapmaN Newbie

Spain
    Well, after 5 mails or so, I've been told to send my cart back and they will change it with no shipping payments from me [​IMG]
    I'll send it on monday and will tell you more.