Scared of 3ds CFW

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by EliasIsHere, Oct 7, 2018.

1. EliasIsHere
    OP

EliasIsHere Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    United States
    So I want to hack my NEW 3ds but I’m scared that Nintendo will update it to the point where I can’t play online anymore and stuff. Am I safe to do it on my new 3ds?

2. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    on 3ds people get banned for one of 3 reasons cheating online, playing games before there release date and if nintendo notices your homebrew use the only way this can happen is from connecting to nintendo servers while homebrew is loaded (and /or directly after loading homebrew) . . . so dont cheat dont play games before you can buy them and use homebrew offline and run any non-homebrew app before turning wifi back on and you will be fine

Last edited by wormdood, Oct 7, 2018
  3. EliasIsHere
    OP

EliasIsHere Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    United States
    What homebrew apps can I not use?????

4. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    CIAs. Stick to .3dsx homebrew if you're paranoid about bans.

Although I've never heard of anybody banned for homebrew CIAs specifically, they produce unknown title id's that Nintendo could theoretically detect and ban you should they get strict.

WiikeyHacker likes this.
  5. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    I've been using CIA homebrew ever since I hacked my 3DS and I'm still not banned.
    Updates aren't going to do anything like that, even if they did we could easily patch it out.

zacchi4k likes this.
  6. AlexanderLS

AlexanderLS GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    You can always remove B9S/Luma later on if anything you are worried about happens.
    https://3ds.hacks.guide/uninstall-cfw

The only known mass ban related to cfw was due to idiots trying to play a pokemon game online before the game was officially released. Sadly there is no patch for stupidity.

If you are uber paranoid you are better off just not installing cfw, there is always a risk with cfw.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Freeshop, tikshop, and the like. If it was designed to allow you to download/install free games, it's been patched and is likely to get you banned if you try to use it.

Last edited by AlexanderLS, Oct 8, 2018
  7. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear The Coolest Bear Around

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    False, the ban wave I was a part of (the second big one) had nothing to do with Pokémon and we never nailed down the exact culprit, though people think it was because of Nintendo grabbing data via Spotpass. The bans from that ban wave can be reversed using a different LFCS_B, though, which I don't think the Pokémon bans were able to... I may be wrong about that.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-regarding-the-recent-3ds-banwave.471781/

Last edited by Sophie-bear, Oct 8, 2018
  8. AlexanderLS

AlexanderLS GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    Darnit, I forgot about that one.

Like I said above OP, there is always a risk. If you are not willing to take the risk, stay legit.

EliasIsHere and Sophie-bear like this.
  9. EliasIsHere
    OP

EliasIsHere Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    United States
    Thank you very much

10. WiikeyHacker

WiikeyHacker 8 Bit Natsumi

Aug 6, 2018
    United States
    N/A
    pokemon nerds tend to be impatient so serves them right.