Hacking SC built in nes player, and saving

Gizmo1k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think with nes files you need to have and .SAV file named the exact same as the Rom file. Also it has to be 64kb in size i believe. One last thing you might have to do is write Sram To SD. I've played a bunch of nes games just had no desire to save anything yet.

heyyouguys

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, does this sound right so far, first a make a .sav with the supercard conversion program from a gba game. then rename the .sav to the same as the nes rom. and put it in the same folder and the roms.

then, L+R and save state
next, L+R+Select+A and save to SD (have to have a .sav file there)
finally, Load save state whenever you wanna play

does that sound right?

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
In the folder you unzipped the supercard patcher program you will find a ready made save file for nes called "NesFileName.sav". Just rename it to match the nes rom.

I think you use in game reset and then save the sram to the correct file in the saver list... or try useing in game save (L+R+Select+AorB).... obviously save in the game first
wink.gif

There are instructions at the official site and unofficial one, if this info isn't completely correct.

heyyouguys

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could not find the instructions on the official site and which unofficial site are you talking about (and where to find info). I checked the official site all over with no luck.

heyyouguys

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
checked out the site. I am looking for a step by step cause I can't seem to get it right? the version built into the supercard NES is pocketnes 9.??

any help appreciated.

Rabbi Nevins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, make sure you have a .sav file which should also be the same name as the .nes file that are also in the same folder (i think...)

When you want to save during a Nes game press L+R then the PocketNes Menu should come out. Select Save State

another menu will come out with written on it if it does not have save state yet. select that and it will save to PocketNes first.

Then press L + R + Select + A then a confirmation will appear if you want to save to the card. pick yes then it will now save to the card.

To load make sure first that in the SuperCards Option menu, the Auto load saver checkbox should have a mark.

Run the Nes game you want to load with the state.

Again, Press L + R to load the PocketNes menu. Select Load State. the Next menu should appear with its save state written previously. select it and exit the pocketnes menu. the state should now be loaded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...