SBSettings on 4.3.5 iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by RiderLeangle, Aug 27, 2011.

Aug 27, 2011
  1. RiderLeangle
    OP

Member RiderLeangle GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    OK I had to restore my iPod Touch (4th gen) and it wasn't letting me keep an older firmware so I had to upgrade to 4.3.5, I re-jailbroke with redsn0w and whenever I try to reinstall SBSettings it keeps freezing at the apple logo when it restarts, Is there some version of it designed for 4.3.5 or does it just not work and I have to give it up?
    Or do I have to find a way to downgrade back to 4.3.3 again?

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Unfortunately, the 4.3.5 jailbreak is tethered. (An untethered jailbreak will most likely wait until at least iOS 5.) This means that in order to reboot your iPod properly (so stuff like Cydia works), you must connect it to a computer and run redsn0w again. This time, select "Just boot tethered right now" in the options.

[​IMG]
    (Your redsn0w window may look differently, but this should still give you an idea of what to do.)

3. RiderLeangle
    OP

Member RiderLeangle GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Oh... I sort of figured that just meant I only had to connect it for the initial install, last jailbreak I had was untethered and I didn't bother reading much more after I already had it jailbroken, didn't think I had to do it again (guess I was wrong).

Well thanks even if this is the second time today my ipod has made me feel like an idiot >_>