• Total voters

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so after getting off from work, I decided to take a quick drive to Disc Replay, and it turns out, they just happen to have a SNES sitting on their shelf for $40.

This could be my only chance to get it, but my dad's also strict about how I handle my money (I have to save cash for my upcoming semester classes in fall) and I am TORN on whether or not I should get it. What do you guys suggest?

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
40 dollars is a bit steep in my opinion, especially if it doesn't come with any games. SNES games can be a bit expensive compared to other systems like the n64 and the PS1. I would pass on it. If you're really itching for snes games, buy a snes controller, and an snes usb adapter.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dude, 'tis a bit pricey is it not? I bought my second snes for 20 bucks, and that included 10 games (including Zelda, the reason why I bought it).

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've tried searching for one prior to finding it now, but the only other place that would have one in my location is Play 'N' Trade. But theirs is around $60, which is waaay too much.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
Unless you know where to find some games... I say no.

You'll always have emulators.

I realize this is the easiest way, but there is something I find refreshing about playing games I own versus games that I have downloaded. Especially since this is a DS forum, and all of the DS SNES Emulation options blow. >.>

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
Njrg said:
Unless you know where to find some games... I say no.

You'll always have emulators.

I realize this is the easiest way, but there is something I find refreshing about playing games I own versus games that I have downloaded. Especially since this is a DS forum, and all of the DS SNES Emulation options blow. >.>
This.

I've been playing most of my SNES games through Snes9xGX to get the closest possible feeling, but it just isn't the same as playing them on the original. That and I want it for collection, as I've NEVER owned an actual SNES.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
My advice. Dont get the SNES. At least, this one. It's only worth it when you get at least one good game with it. Like Super Metroid, Zelda, Castlevania IV, Super Mario World (or Allstars)....

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lube_Skyballer said:
My advice. Dont get the SNES. At least, this one. It's only worth it when you get at least one good game with it. Like Super Metroid, Zelda, Castlevania IV, Super Mario World (or Allstars)....
Same shop has a couple of those games on the shelf as well.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the facilities to emulate SNES games on my Cyclo, but I still have my original SNES. For one, SNES emulation is mostly crap in my experience, secondly I've never seen Starwing emulated, thirdly the damn thing's a classic slice of gaming's golden years. I'm still trying to track down a few games for mine, namely Zombies Ate My Neighbours, Metroid, and Castlevania 4, but I would never trade it in. Ever. Get it, keep it, love it.

Incidentally if anyone has a PAL copy of any of the aforementioned games they wanna unload...? I got a few things to swap. Zelda, UN Squadron, etc.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
I have the facilities to emulate SNES games on my Cyclo, but I still have my original SNES. For one, SNES emulation is mostly crap in my experience, secondly I've never seen Starwing emulated, thirdly the damn thing's a classic slice of gaming's golden years. I'm still trying to track down a few games for mine, namely Zombies Ate My Neighbours, Metroid, and Castlevania 4, but I would never trade it in. Ever. Get it, keep it, love it.

Incidentally if anyone has a PAL copy of any of the aforementioned games they wanna unload...? I got a few things to swap. Zelda, UN Squadron, etc.

Me thinks this violates the ToS.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
GreatCrippler said:
Blaze163 said:

Me thinks this violates the ToS.

Humour. Not a fan? Ok then.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For less than 10$ a game, I would honestly not fault you for starting a new collection. I still have a pretty nice collection of some of the harder to find games. I do wish portable SNES emu was better. Maybe the Supercard team will get off their butts, and get theirs working. /hopes

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
For less than 10$ a game, I would honestly not fault you for starting a new collection. I still have a pretty nice collection of some of the harder to find games. I do wish portable SNES emu was better. Maybe the Supercard team will get off their butts, and get theirs working. /hopes
Seeing as how they boasted PERFECT SNES emulation (the only reason I want one), yeah, they better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@