OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Now I only saw it for a second or so because we were shopping with my mum

But...

At this place on Oxford St in London there’s this shop right called Selfridges and i walked past it and there was a big sign that says BONKERS so I’m like what’s this??

And it was a 3d TV that didn’t need glasses playing the Bonkers film clip by Dizzee Rascal (I think that’s how u spell it?)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3d tv's still need glasses
they require lcd shutter glasses and the glasses them selves are extremely expensive, costing upwards to $150 USD for a pair

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it would of been Sony, they have their 3D T.v sets out on the market now, there great but not worth the huge price tags

p.s It's Dizzee Rascal
tongue.gif

Frogman

This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
nononononon it was actually 3d i didnt have glasses or anything

just thought of something is it possible that the case protecting the screen already had like the same fillm the glasses use on it to give the appearence that it was 3d without glasses???

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
3d tv's still need glasses
they require lcd shutter glasses and the glasses them selves are extremely expensive, costing upwards to $150 USD for a pair

Not true, just like 3D computer screens, you can get 3DTV without glasses. They work in much the same way as those hologram posters and CD/DVD covers. The image is rendered in vertical strips and are passed through a lens, one strip is focused left, then next right etc. Each eye seas a different image, if you close one eye and move left and right when viewing, you will see the image move with varying degrees of smoothness depending on how many views are rendered.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It's face tracking.
It's less detailed and prefect than the tv's requiring glasses, but less people hate quality loss than wearing glasses.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Coreyfrog7 said:
just thought of something is it possible that the case protecting the screen already had like the same fillm the glasses use on it to give the appearence that it was 3d without glasses???
I bet it was actually the window
smileipb2.png

psd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
glasses free 3dtv exist allready yes. For example philips had a few years back allready with "3dtv wow" some on the market. But the angle on theese 3d tv are way more limited.

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there using a very simple "matrix" design, you just stab yourself in the back of the head, with the giant built in needle, and BOOM! alternate reality....

oh, TAKE THE RED PILL!

also, i wish they use the nvdia terga 2, but i REALY doubt it, cus its costly, and come on... its nintendo
frown.gif

Frogman

This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
I went back there today, this is exactly what it is.

spinal_cord said:
Not true, just like 3D computer screens, you can get 3DTV without glasses. They work in much the same way as those hologram posters and CD/DVD covers. The image is rendered in vertical strips and are passed through a lens, one strip is focused left, then next right etc. Each eye seas a different image, if you close one eye and move left and right when viewing, you will see the image move with varying degrees of smoothness depending on how many views are rendered.

EDIT: I actually think this is what Nintendo will use for the 3DS as it is not too expensive But still effective

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Number 1: 3D TVs do exist without glasses and there is already one advertised here on tv.
#2: If Nintendo really used the "shutter screen" wouldn't that mean it wouldn't need as much processing power for the 3D effect as rumours suggest? As all the would need to render was nearly two images split up next to each other. Also this would mean the further away your eyes are from the screen, the less of the effect you see. Remember though you can turn off the 3D at any time so not sure how the shutter screen would work when 3D is off maybe just rendering the same exact image.
#3 If they used the shutter screen (just what I like to call it) then the ridges better be micoscopic otherwise your games, 3D or not will look pathetic.

Just what I'm presuming.

oh and also, the film you see on the front of a holographic case would be different to one you see on the 3DS if used, because the film on the cases changes the image from one to another whilst on the 3DS you would need to see both images at once. I would think then that the film used on the 3DS would have ridges angled very very flat in order for both eyes to see the images at the same time.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
DeadLocked said:
Number 1: 3D TVs do exist without glasses and there is already one advertised here on tv.
#2: If Nintendo really used the "shutter screen" wouldn't that mean it wouldn't need as much processing power for the 3D effect as rumours suggest? As all the would need to render was nearly two images split up next to each other. Also this would mean the further away your eyes are from the screen, the less of the effect you see. Remember though you can turn off the 3D at any time so not sure how the shutter screen would work when 3D is off maybe just rendering the same exact image.
#3 If they used the shutter screen (just what I like to call it) then the ridges better be micoscopic otherwise your games, 3D or not will look pathetic.
2. They still need to render a screen each for left, and another for right eyes.
3. They put a layer over the one with ridges I'd imagine.

o0ICE0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dad works for a company that deals in TV's and comp displays.

He was recently at a convention that talked about screens with many small cameras embedded in the surface of the screen that tracked where the viewer's eyes were, and sent a different image to each to make the 3D effect.

I have no idea why/how you already saw one, out in public.

edit:
also, he saw the 3ds screen.
you need to hold it about 8 inches flat in-front of you, or the 3d doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: ONG.