ganonize

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys!
Some days ago i bought the "EFA Simple Card" für my Gameboy Advance.
The first rom I used on it was Castlevania (aria of Sorrow) which worked perfectly well and saved properly, too. But then i tried Final Fantasy 6, Super Mario Superstar Saga and and Fire Emblem which all have problems with saving:
When I save a game in FF6 and try to reload this savegame after having turned mygameboy off and on, the game says the savegame is "corrupt".
The savegames in Maro and Luigi Superstar Saga vanish after some time; so do the the Fire Emblem savegames.
What i noticed with Fire Emblem was that the savegames worked when i just restarted the gameboy with L+R+A+B without turning the GBA off and on but when i switched it off and then on, the savegames were either corrupt or had completely vanished.
If the Castlevania savegames had not worked for such a long time without any problems, I would have said that the battery of my EFA is defect...but as I said-Castlevania was no problem at all.
I would be very happy if anyone could help me!!
Thanks,
Elias

ganonize

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
can anyone help me?
frown.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try putting Aria of Sorrow again on your EFA, and see if it saves regularly. If it does, it might be that these roms you got might be bad/corrupted or prepatched for something. Download them again from another place
tongue.gif

ganonize

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
raulpica said:
Try putting Aria of Sorrow again on your EFA, and see if it saves regularly. If it does, it might be that these roms you got might be bad/corrupted or prepatched for something. Download them again from another place
tongue.gif
hey,
aria of sorrow still works fine!
so you advised me do download the roms from another place; i've downloaded these roms from www.n-roms.de , can you give me a rom source which offers roms that will work for me (because they do for you)?
would be great if i could use my efa card after alle this trouble..

Supah Eirian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't save Mother 3, or much of anything. Does that mean my cart isn't charged???? I think I may have a bad driver, but there are two that I downloaded from Jandaman's site. Anyone know where I can get a copy of the driver for an EFA Simple 512??? I will feel like a total retard if I can download off this website. **checking now***

ganonize

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how_do_i_do_that said:
Change the save format for the games that don't work to either SRAM or something that is more compatible.

The EFA simple doesn't support every save type.
so you advise me to convert all save formats to sram? (by the way i thougt ff6 and fire emblem were sram)
how do i do that, how_do_i_do_that?
wink.gif

ganonize

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how_do_i_do_that said:
just patch what ever doesn't work.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=224
Get gbata to patch the games that gives you issues.
i guess with "patching" you mean the "sram patcher function" of gbata? actually i know this programm, and i tried to 'sram-patch' these games with gbata, but it didnt work (couldnt click on the button, maybe because it's already sram)

ganonize

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how_do_i_do_that said:
not much you can do, get a new one.
alright, so you say i should buy a new one..
would you suggest me to buy the efa simple linker again or do you know a better alternative which doenst cost much more?
thanks for your help so far dude!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo