Savegame Manager MOD Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ritetub, Mar 21, 2010.

Mar 21, 2010

Savegame Manager MOD Help by ritetub at 3:33 AM (1,221 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. ritetub
    OP

Newcomer ritetub Advanced Member

Australia
    I want to be able to use Savegame Manager MOD to copy my Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Animal Crossing save files to my SD.

I've downloaded it, put it in my SD and went onto it via HBC. It asks me about selecting a an IOS... (e.g. 35, 249,etc.). I don't think I have any of these installed. Can someone please tell me what to do from here and install the IOS if required?

2. OArikadoO

Member OArikadoO GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It actually only lets you select IOSs that you have installed. IOSs that are not installed are not available to select.

You should probably just select IOS 249 if you can.

3. ritetub
    OP

Australia
    OK, I've selected IOS 249. I select extractor mode and then extract the save files of my games. What do I do now? Do I delete the original save files from my Wii system?

Can someone please explain to me what to do?

4. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    keep them as backups in case you delete them by mistake/NAND restore from an ancient date

if you want to delete the ones off the wii go ahead, it'll save space(if they are big) if you doont play those games but want to keep the save but if you want to continue a save you'll have to re-install the save using the manager

5. ritetub
    OP

Australia
    I deleted my Super Smash Bros. Brawl save off my Wii system... I tried to re-install it via installer mode. I locate the save and press A so it can start installing. The only problem is that is says that there is an error.

6. ritetub
    OP

Australia
    The installer will only work if a have a save file on my Wii system (I tried with Animal Crossing).

However, I want to use this to make space on my Wii without completely losing my saves.

7. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    oh the down fall with any manager, there must be a save o the wii to reinstall a previous one

load the game, make a new save, open the manager again, install the save and it should work

EDIT

extract them all then delete the ones on the wii then youll always have the backed up ones on the SD

8. ritetub
    OP

Australia
    So... I haven't lost my Super Smash Bros. save? All I need to do to get it back is to make a new save of it on my Wii?

9. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    yes its safe if you extracted it before you deleted it off the wii

10. ritetub
    OP

Australia
    Alright. Thanks for the help. [​IMG]

11. OArikadoO

Member OArikadoO GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, as its already been established, you need an existing save in place before you install, otherwise you'll get an error -1.

I've been working on changing that for some time but I haven't come with much. So for the moment it's a limitation of all savegame installers out there.