Code & Mix
OP
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
I learned a valuable lesson. Do NOT restore a GC .raw format save to a memory card. That will wipe the whole card and leave you only with that one game’s saves. Ugh.

Is it possible to combine multiple .raw saves into a single file so you could “restore” them all to a memory card?

Also, unrelated, I tried clicking Download Themes and It crashed. Is that a known bug?

And is there anyway to turn of rumble? I turned it off in the settings but it still rumbles.
- Normal result restoring a .raw card.

- you can mount the emulated raw card as a real gc memory card, then extract saves from this .raw image or restore saves to this .raw image as you want, you can done every thing you want with GC save manaegement. Just need to activate emulated GC card in settings and specify the path to this .raw image in settings.

- sure Something have changed on the theme site, and not time anymore to investigate. sorry.

- in settings, you have 2 rumble types. general rumble and browsers rumble.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, so I used Savegame Manager GX to export my saves from the Wii and import them to the vWii on Wii U. It worked, which I am thankful for, but it caused my Mii Channel to be corrupted and to cut to the chase, I ended up restarting my vWii to factory settings. This removed my save files in the process.
I'd like to import my save files again using Savegame Manager GX, but I'm worried that it will corrupt my Mii Channel again, and I'm wondering what I should do to stop that from happening. Have you heard of a problem like this?
hello,
sorry if this make trouble in your system...
not time anymore to investigate, perhaps try with an older version (r75)...

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SaveGameManagerGX does not save settings. Is this normal on the last build? There some know mod that save the paths, configs? Thanks to the dev, this app is really good for the paranoid ones about save lost.

VenomRex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the homebrew channel and SaveGameManagerGX. But when I go into SaveGameManagerGX and switch from SD to Wii to copy the Wii game saves, the list is blank

Reactions: Geekboy_X

Geekboy_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded the homebrew channel and SaveGameManagerGX. But when I go into SaveGameManagerGX and switch from SD to Wii to copy the Wii game saves, the list is blank

I have the same issue - I just grabbed the latest version from the Homebrew browser, and the list of Wii saves is blank. I can see my SD card, my Mii saves, GameCube saves .... but the list of Wii saves is completely blank. The Wii's own data management screen shows two full screens of saves, 709 blocks free.

There IS an error message when GX loads:

"Mii channel installed
But the datas are missing"

I've hit both "Install" and "Cancel" in response, but neither has any effect.

Any ideas?

Wii version: 4.3U
GameSave Manager GX version: rev76

Gladson_MF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last edited by Gladson_MF,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

What's the difference between this:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/savegame-manager-gx/

And this?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/savegame-manager-gx-beta/

The "beta" one has a "HBC_SetUp_R76.zip" file, modified 2017-10-17.

The other one however, has a "HBC_SetUp_R127.zip" file, modified 2013-01-30.

It's confusing, which one should I use? The one with larger revision tag or the one modified later? R76 is a 2017 release but R127 is a 2013 release, it makes no sense.

The Beta Version is the "Newer" and better working Version.
Our Friend @dj_skual has "newly written it from Scratch".

Please use that Version.
Thank you.:)

Geekboy_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any difference between the GitHUB version and the one you get from the Homebrew Browser (they are both the R76 revision)?

I ask because I have the R76 from the browser and it does NOT show any of my Wii saves. Shows my SD card contents, shows my GC saves, but the Wii page is 100 percent blank. Any idea?

The Beta Version is the "Newer" and better working Version.
Our Friend @dj_skual has "newly written it from Scratch".

Please use that Version.

Geekboy_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, yeah. There is a significant difference between the two - in a nutshell, the R127 version actually works for me. Shows all my saves, lets me compress and/or extract them just fine. But the newer R76 version does NOT work - it shows all of my non-Wii saves (Mii files, GC files, the SD card, etc) but shows exactly nothing when I try and browse or deal with Wii saves.

NUTSHELL FOR SEARCHING: My Wii saves were not seen buy Savegame Manager GX when using the "beta" version R76. The problem was fixed by going back to the R127 version. See the posts above for links.

Is there any difference between the GitHUB version and the one you get from the Homebrew Browser (they are both the R76 revision)?

I ask because I have the R76 from the browser and it does NOT show any of my Wii saves. Shows my SD card contents, shows my GC saves, but the Wii page is 100 percent blank. Any idea?

PlantedWave5190

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem using SaveGame Manager GX. When I started it up, and clicked on the disk icon, It only shows two options; Wii and Mii (That's it. It cannot recognize my SD card). No matter which version I use, It still won't recognize my SD card. The directory target will always be either usb8:/ or rawB:/. Without help, I'll never backup any of my Wii saves ever again.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

I have a problem using SaveGame Manager GX. When I started it up, and clicked on the disk icon, It only shows two options; Wii and Mii (That's it. It cannot recognize my SD card). No matter which version I use, It still won't recognize my SD card. The directory target will always be either usb8:/ or rawB:/. Without help, I'll never backup any of my Wii saves ever again.

Please use this one,it is "newer" and works a Way better:
https://wiidatabase.de/downloads/wii-tools/savegame-manager-gx-beta/

Yes,it is a Beta.:)

This beta version has been rewritten from scratch and is now much more stable

Good luck

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the sd card detected by the save copy function? you can do that for most saves. in fact, gamefaqs saves are generally this way. you just need to put the saves in the title id folder inside private named data.bin iirc. I helped someone with it a while back, so I vaguely remember some of its functionality.

Reactions: Alexander1970

pearlfect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Came here because I was having the exact problem as above and can confirm that the SD card size seemed to be the issue. Went from 32GB down to a 4GB and suddenly could extract my savegames to the SD card again.

john1578

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to transfer my old Super Smash Bros. Brawl save file from my old Wii to my new Wii. This save file is worth 500 hours of gameplay and has Brawl completed (except for a message you get by playing 100000 matches or something). I was able to copy the save file to an SDHC card using SaveGame Manager GX on my old Wii, however, when I'm installing the save on my new Wii using SaveGame Manager GX as well, I get an error message from the app that says "unable to copy datas". I've tried using R125.dol replacing the boot.dol file as someone suggested in page 69 of this thread, but then I can't run SaveGame Manager GX due to not having the boot.dol file anymore. If I put R125.dol together with boot.dol, I get the same "unable to copy datas" error from before, which means it the R125.dol doesn't work at all for this purpose. What do I do to copy this old Brawl save file to my new Wii successfully?

Edit.: Solved my problem. Well, let's just say I did it in an unusual way: I gave up on SaveGame Manager GX and then proceeded to put my SDHC card in my old Wii (the one that had my 500-hour save file for Brawl). Using Priiloader's hack that denies NoCopy Protection, I copied my Brawl save file from my old Wii to my SDHC card directly from Wii settings>Data Management>Save Data>Wii (then I copied the protected saves to the SD card with the Priiloader hack enabled). Then I took the SDHC card out of the old Wii, then inserted it in the new Wii and, again, with the same Priiloader's hack that disables copying protected save files activated, I copied the Brawl save file from the SDHC card to the new Wii by going to Wii Settings>Save Data>Wii>SD Card (then I went to the save files I wanted to copy and copied them). As simple as that. Somehow it worked. But there's a problem: the "your save may have not been copied" error may appear when you're copying the save from the SDHC to another Wii (it does happen to some people, so maybe this solution won't work for you). Maybe you'll need to play the game at least once for this to work, since you can't copy save files from games you never played to your Wii, iirc. Fortunately, now I don't need to 100% Brawl anymore (thank God! Because it's a whole lot of work to complete that game even once). Be aware: you do have to softmod both your Wiis (in order to get Priiloader on both of them) if you're going to try my method, so be careful not to get any console bricked or something.

Last edited by john1578,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)