Savegame Extractor compatible with Backup Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jonjosh, Dec 7, 2008.

1. jonjosh
    OP

Newcomer jonjosh Advanced Member

United States
    Is ther a Savegame Extractor and Installer compatible with the Backup Loader?

I want to extract a savegame from my AC:CF backup..

Help will be much appreciated.

2. nicksasa

Member nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
  3. jonjosh
    OP

United States
    I hope someone could make one. I need it for the ACtoolkit.

4. fiveighteen

Member fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

United States
    Hold your horses and wait for him to figure it out and release it.

Better yet, go buy the game. Then the Savegame Extractor and Installer will work for you.

5. jonjosh
    OP

United States
    Sorry I didn't notice that.

6. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    I have also run into the same exact issue and thought surely waninkoko's made an update since HE was the guy whom made the original backup loader...But alas no support for the wicked I guess i WILL just go pick up AC:CF its a good enough title to support but What about the other bajillion backups that cant have the savedata extracted and cannot be naturally copied to a sd card via the sys menu?

Just thinking a HEX EDIT is in order because After seeing how fast a motha fkr manages to edit nukes Gecko OS to do what they please USING THE SAME CODE that could allow a DVD-r backup to be read using waninkoko's save extractor/installer and wiigators loader code should let us ALL enjoy the benefits and AC:CF is NOTORIOUS for the whole "corrupted savedata" thing on backups... (i have been real lucky knock on wood but i know a LOT of people who have not had such a good experience in regard to loss of MONTHS of deticated gameplay...

THE DEV OF THIS TOOL WOULD BE A GOD SEND IMO

@ summerset

Thanks for the info could you give a link to where you sourced that quote bro? I just want to book it and check back on it (its cool if you dont have the time... I can relate fixing a PC and multitasking this @ once lol) But thanks in advanced for letting us know a tool is being deved LET US HOPE ITS NOT VAPORWARE shall we?! lol

7. Diffusion

Member Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just use GeckoOS or Backup Launcher's rebooter (or Preloader) to remove the no copy flags. Then copy the Animal Crossing save to an SD card.

Then use WiiCrazy's FE100 Save Packer/Unpacker. Unpack the data.bin, modify the RVforest.bin, repack it, transfer it back to your Wii. Profit.

8. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    thank you SO MUCH diffusion I am going to try that right now! great idea and ty for schoolin me on the use of that feature had no idea! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Step 1: I just launched Wiigators Backup Loader Gamma...go to rebooter setting....turn ON the feature Remove Copy Flags....hit B button to reboot the console (with the dvd-r in the console of course)

Step 2: i went to my wii menu and successfully extracted the AC:CF save data! [​IMG] (thanks diffusion that alone is PRICELESS TO ME)

Step 3: Downloaded WiiCrazy's FE100 Save Packer/Unpacker http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123406

STUCK HERE:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122568

ITS A HUGE LIST OF SHIT NOT AVAILABLE TO THE NOT SO TECH SAVY JUST TO USE THIS TOOL!

DOWNLOAD THIS TOOL IT CAN EXTRACT THE FILES NEEDED TO USE THIS PROGRAM

FE100KeyGrabber.rar
    http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/FE100KeyGrabber.rar

Step 4:
    extracted RVforest.bin

Step 5: Download AC:TOOLKIT http://www.koncon.nl/sono-bits/actkit.html and open RVforest.bin edit it to your liking..

SILL EDITING i will now try the next step and will edit the post as i go to tell you if it worked!

so far its worked a treat! just having my data if it gets currupted is so very awesome THANK YOU!

9. jonjosh
    OP

United States
    Thank you so much Diffusion and some of your help vettacossx.

10. kitt050383

Member kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    or you could just run ios downgrader then install cIOSCORPS and the savegame extractor/installer will work with backups.... and you can use actoolkit right on the file cutting out the fe100 tool...
    -kitt050383

11. Klightx15

Member Klightx15 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i did everything as instructed, but i dont have a RVforest.bin how do i get it or where do i find it?

12. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    http://wiicrazy.tepetaklak.com/index.php/2...-fe100-release/

There is some usage instructions there...

All you need to do is running the Key grabber to have the necessary files... then the rest is just unpacking & packing... (though there is one prerequisity... you must grab the keys.txt with the xyzzy tool by bushing, wiibrew it)

ps: keys under shared folder is same for everyone, files in the private folder differ for each wii... but they can be used interchangeably... even you can use someone elses private keys... though I don't think anyone will share... possibly for a long time people used keys from a few wiis until xyzzy application released....

13. Klightx15

Member Klightx15 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i got the wii keys and everything already but when i run the key grabber im still not able to use the ACtown editor on any of the files because i still dont have the file thats needed for the program.