Save V.S. Realtime Save

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by phatdade69, Nov 21, 2008.

Nov 21, 2008

Save V.S. Realtime Save by phatdade69 at 10:25 PM (1,025 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. phatdade69
    OP

Newcomer phatdade69 Member

United States
    OK so the AceKard is talking about it's save file formats nds.save and so forth, but I'm seeing that SCDS1 has "realtime" save. Which is like the old F5/F7 trick on emus right?

So is what the AceK talking about just the regular save files like the 3 slots in a zelda game where you save your guy? Or does it have a save your game in the middle of a battle feature that I'm seeing on the SCDS1

Let me know if you please.

Phat

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Yes, RealTime Save is like the F5/F7 thingie on emulators. I don't really understand your question though... I will try to answer it anyway [​IMG]

The AceKard 2 has multiple save slots, but they are normal save slots. It doesn't have any kind of RTS.
    The SuperCard DS ONE does has RTS. As far as I know it has only one slot per game though.

3. phatdade69
    OP

Newcomer phatdade69 Member

United States
    Yeah they had a Multi-save feature, but I think that's the regular kind of save slots.

So is SCDS1 the only one with this real time feature, because it works great, but I got hosed and paid $36 for one when it was $24 elsewhere.

I got 2 $13 AceKards, and they're on their way, but I didn't realize they didn't have realtime save, so that kind of sucks.

I guess I'll just have to get a few more SCDS1's, I just wish the BIG WHITE CARTRIDGE wasn't such a conversation starter in public places [​IMG]

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    RTS isn't exclusive to the SCDS1 anymore. The CycloDS Evolution, M3 Real and EZ-Flash V have RTS as well. They're all more expensive than the AceKard 2 though, EZ-Flash V being the cheapest. I think the EZ-Flash V RTS feature wasn't that good though... Can anyone confirm this?

5. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ya i wish ak team would implement RTS