Save files imported from nand

Leon0291

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi to everyone, i'm new but I read often your forum to solve problems myself. This time i can't find anything, so I hope someone can help me.. ah, sorry for my english in advance 😅

I made the mod to my switch, creating emunand from an ofw with some games in it. Tinfoil works and the games taken from there have no problems.
However i realized that the games imported from nand, although they appear in the home like other tinfoil's games, do not work. I get error 2002-1002, and even downloading the games from tinfoil via the "incomplete" section they don't work. If I delete the games and re-download them from tinfoil they work, but i lose my saves (game start from new). What can I do if I want to keep my saves? I think save files from imported games must be somwhere (emunand is a copy of nand, isn't it?), but are in a different place, because tinfoil save manager can't detect any save file of that games.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi to everyone, i'm new but I read often your forum to solve problems myself. This time i can't find anything, so I hope someone can help me.. ah, sorry for my english in advance 😅

I made the mod to my switch, creating emunand from an ofw with some games in it. Tinfoil works and the games taken from there have no problems.
However i realized that the games imported from nand, although they appear in the home like other tinfoil's games, do not work. I get error 2002-1002, and even downloading the games from tinfoil via the "incomplete" section they don't work. If I delete the games and re-download them from tinfoil they work, but i lose my saves (game start from new). What can I do if I want to keep my saves? I think save files from imported games must be somwhere (emunand is a copy of nand, isn't it?), but are in a different place, because tinfoil save manager can't detect any save file of that games.
just use a save import/export homebrew and transfer you saves to emunand or whatever.. There are multiple save managing homebrews like Checkpoint or JKSV

Leon0291

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It doesn't work, even if emunand is a copy of nand, i can't see in jksv the old saves i had on ofw. I'd rather avoid using jksv on the sysnand for the ban risk

Leon0291

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There isn't much you can do to move the save if you don't want to use homebrew.
Ok, let's say I could even go to the sysnand to copy the saves with jksv, but at this point I would like to understand how it works. If emunand is a copy of sysnand at the exact moment it is created, if there are games installed with their saving files at that moment, those must also be dumped into the emunand, right? But where are they? Why are they not accessible by programs like jksv?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, let's say I could even go to the sysnand to copy the saves with jksv, but at this point I would like to understand how it works. If emunand is a copy of sysnand at the exact moment it is created, if there are games installed with their saving files at that moment, those must also be dumped into the emunand, right? But where are they? Why are they not accessible by programs like jksv?

You should be able to see if emunand was based off your sysnand when you created it, you can try this guide below not sure if it would work for you

https://gbatemp.net/threads/edit-of...up-restoring-via-fusee-gelee-payloads.541081/

Reactions: Leon0291

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by binkinator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.