Hacking Save Files Across Carts?

Crackgnome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have an R4, which worked pretty well, minus the whole only SD and not SDHC things (which is stupid because they sold it to me with an 8gb SDHC...), but it recently stopped working, for no explainable reason.
I trolled a bit on these forums, and decided that my new replacement would be an Acekard2, at least until the Supercard DSTWO is out.
Anyways, I found one for about $10, so no big deal, but my question is this:
Will my save files from the R4 chip be rendered unusable? That is to say, will I have to start from scratch with all of my games, or will the save files from the R4 work on the Acekard2?

Edit: Also, in a related question, will I then have to start over once again once I get a Supercard 2?

Crackgnome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. That's a load off my mind.
Replaying Elite Beat Agents on Sweatin' would be kind of a pain...

I'm assuming this also applies to the Lameboy emulator? It uses a 512kb save file, but I'm not sure if that's what it uses for the actual save files...

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Crackgnome said:
I'm assuming this also applies to the Lameboy emulator? It uses a 512kb save file, but I'm not sure if that's what it uses for the actual save files...
Lameboy doesn't have any save file. It's created by R4 kernel for some reason but it's a dummy file, if you look inside it's basically empty. On Acekard this file isn't created. The saves are created for individual games, and sram data is also saved if the game supports it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...