Save failed problem

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by gettogaara, Feb 21, 2010.

Feb 21, 2010

Save failed problem by gettogaara at 2:04 AM (1,622 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. gettogaara
    OP

Member gettogaara GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well I was playing final fantasy dissidia and has just beat both cloud and cecils story when it was about to autosave and told me it could'nt. Next it said proceed to the save or deletion screen. I say yes and proceed to save btw my data thats been saving is no longer there which i figure is no big deal since I get to save now but after attempting to save it tells me save failed (8011038B). I've tried more then once and I end up with the same result. I have not backed up my data because i have no way of connecting my psp to my computer although I bought a usb from ebay recently. At the moment I'm keeping my psp on and connected to the charger because I don't feel like redoing everything. Please someone help.

2. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Looks like the save has corrupted, did you upgrade from M33 to GEN using this save? If you did, there's a fix for the corrupted saves

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Fake or uber messed up stick...

4. gettogaara
    OP

United States
    Nope I did'nt do anything to it, I have'nt connected my psp to the computer and have 6.20 firmware so I can't use CFW or anything of that nature. I bought it off ebay from hongkong so it is very possible that it's fake but if it is,is there a temporary fix and where can I buy a real 4 gb memory stick for a good price?

5. xist

United Kingdom
    You could try formatting the stick but i'd think you're just going to have to put this down to experience and avoid deals that look too good to be true in future.

6. gettogaara
    OP

United States
    Well I bought a usb off of ebay I hope that works. Once I back up my data i'll try formatting it although I do think that I'll end up buying a new one. Whats a good place or site where I can buy one?

7. xist

United Kingdom
    I can't believe that you're still using ebay to buy things that you'll depend upon.

Shell out for a decent USB adapter and a decent MS from somewhere like Newegg.

8. gettogaara
    OP

United States
    I just sold a camera on ebay so I have some money to spend(not that much money). I've seen some memory stick pro duos on new egg but I've seen alot of different brands. I think the best are Sandisk and Lexar so I was wondering which ones better for a 4 gb memory stick? I'm hoping the usb adapter from ebay works so I can back up some of my files before I get the new memory stick.