Save corrupted >_<

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Splych, Apr 11, 2009.

Apr 11, 2009

Save corrupted >_< by Splych at 1:34 AM (718 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    I am currently backing up all my saves for my games right now. I decided to play Jump! Ultimate Stars then it said the save was corrupted.... I didn't have a copy of it >_<

So now, I am wondering what may have caused it. One thing is for sure, I do not pull the Micro SD Card out of the reader when in the computer or in my AceKard 2.1 while playing. Using firmware 1.4.1 AKAIO and formatted it before with the Panasonic SD Card Formatter.

What could've caused it?

2. GolemdX

Newcomer GolemdX Member

Canada
    Sometimes the AceKard has write issues with SDHC cards, the data becomes corrupted way more often than normal Micro SD cards. Back it up often, some of my files became corrupted but I had a backup.

3. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I've never had any corruption issues with my AK2. What class/brand SDHC card are you using? It could be dirty contacts maybe?

4. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Patriot 4GB SDHC Class 6 Micro SD. I have been fine when using it before, and some of my family use it, but it might be because they are 2GB and I have a 4GB.

I am not sure... about this though since the Micro SD's contacts have a different color compared to most of it. It is like a darker, more shiny color then the contacts around it. I have also had a few issues when putting the SD Card into the AceKard as it wasn't smooth. Instead was a little rough and had a problem with it.

5. geek_power

Newcomer geek_power Advanced Member

Canada
    AKAIO will have a lot of file corruption issues as soon as there are more than 128 files/folder DIRECTLY (aka not recursively) in any folder of the memory card. Don't forget that a game counts for 2 files (rom + save).