Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am currently backing up all my saves for my games right now. I decided to play Jump! Ultimate Stars then it said the save was corrupted.... I didn't have a copy of it >_<

So now, I am wondering what may have caused it. One thing is for sure, I do not pull the Micro SD Card out of the reader when in the computer or in my AceKard 2.1 while playing. Using firmware 1.4.1 AKAIO and formatted it before with the Panasonic SD Card Formatter.

What could've caused it?

GolemdX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
parashep.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sometimes the AceKard has write issues with SDHC cards, the data becomes corrupted way more often than normal Micro SD cards. Back it up often, some of my files became corrupted but I had a backup.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never had any corruption issues with my AK2. What class/brand SDHC card are you using? It could be dirty contacts maybe?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Patriot 4GB SDHC Class 6 Micro SD. I have been fine when using it before, and some of my family use it, but it might be because they are 2GB and I have a 4GB.

I am not sure... about this though since the Micro SD's contacts have a different color compared to most of it. It is like a darker, more shiny color then the contacts around it. I have also had a few issues when putting the SD Card into the AceKard as it wasn't smooth. Instead was a little rough and had a problem with it.

geek_power

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AKAIO will have a lot of file corruption issues as soon as there are more than 128 files/folder DIRECTLY (aka not recursively) in any folder of the memory card. Don't forget that a game counts for 2 files (rom + save).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay