,sav file wont work anymore

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Jugo, Apr 24, 2010.

Apr 24, 2010

,sav file wont work anymore by Jugo at 1:29 PM (847 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Jugo
    OP

Newcomer Jugo Advanced Member

United States
    Yesterday I was playing chrono trigger on my acekard then i saved and turned it off. When I woke up this morning the game didnt start up anymore and the icon on the nds file changed from the regular one to a picture of a grey nintendo ds. So i when and redownloaded the game. My question is after i redownloaded the game the save file I had before wont work anymore how do i make it work with the new one i downloaded? I already tried changing the names.

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Sounds like something corrupted the data on your card...

3. Jugo
    OP

Newcomer Jugo Advanced Member

United States
    Every thing else works but the game wont load the save file, instead it just goes to new game but all the other games work fine.

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    you think everything works, but if everything worked the save would also work. its time for a reformat of your msd and a fresh install of akaio. i've had 1 file in 1 homebrew not work while 60 other homebrews, emulators, movies, mp3 files, roms, all worked just fine. after trying to figure it out, i finally reformatted. the reformat fixed it. all it takes is 1 (single) bad sector and the msd can do funny things in regards to this hobby.

your save is probably corrupt. which is why we preach backing up your saves and using the akaio multi-save slot option.

-another world

5. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Blame Microsoft. If they hadn't changed how autorun works, it would have been easy to add an option to automatically backup up all your saves when you inserted your MicroSD card into the PC.

If only I knew that before I spent 2 hours figuring why autorun didn't work...

6. obito

Member obito I can have a title?! :O

New Zealand
    When you downloaded it the second time did you download it from a different place as the first time?